Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fraud & Investigation Lead
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
What will you do?
- Enhance the awareness of fraud risk in the organization and assist in the implementation of the Fraud Risk Management Strategy of the organization. Conduct investigations in a fair and independent manner.
- Support compliance to the Code of Conduct by ensuring that all complaints and concerns raised by staff, management and whistleblowers are addressed in a timely manner.
- To support the internal assurance organization in the execution of internal assurance engagements, providing Information Technology / Network security and operational insights, ensure circulation and embedding of internal assurance learning’s and also timely closure of open audit issues.
- To enhance the speed of response of the internal assurance function to emerging business requirements.
- Maintain liaison with law enforcement, regulatory agencies and industry peers on incident specific issues that may require follow-up and criminal trends.
- Enhance the awareness of fraud risk within the organization.
- Provide support through development of effective investigation work plans to facilitate high quality investigations in a timely manner. Identify root causes leading to instances of impropriety and use the results of investigative matters to identify risk related issues and present lessons learned and recommendations to other OpCos to mitigate those risks and avoid a reoccurrence.
- Timely follow-up with appropriate business leaders and/or departments and ensure close looping of recommendations in the investigation report.
- Follow-up with the timely implementation of disciplinary actions proffered in the investigation report.
- Participate in the development and finalization of the audit scope for each audit. Provide input into the development of the Internal Audit plan as well as internal audit programs.
- Participate in the development and finalization of the audit initial data request. Follow up with process owners on key data requests. Participate in the documentation and update of key risks and associated mitigation plans. Respond timely to audit and investigation requests made by the business (not covered by audit plan). Assist in embedding strong quality assurance processes in internal audit work and in developing relevant governance mechanisms (e.g. whistleblowing).
- To improve compliance to Code of Conduct by employees, key vendors, business associates and strategic partners through various initiatives and measures such as ongoing facilitation of awareness training and preparation of awareness materials
- Obtain understanding of current and emerging fraud risks and support the institution and/ or monitoring of the relevant controls to mitigate such risks.
- Identify areas specifically vulnerable to fraud and actively engage with functional directors, other stakeholders and Co-Auditors to implement anti-fraud monitoring and fraud preventive controls.
- Continuous development of Fraud management and Internal Audit teams including peers and partner.
- Ensure ongoing reassessment of skill sets required and supplement through recruitment or outsourcing.
What will make you successful?
- Experience with any of the Big 4 accounting firms
- Professional qualification: CFE / CISA / CISM (Required). ACA / ACCA / CPA (Desirable)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation skills in English (French will be an added advantage)
- Excellent analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Focused, driven and outcome-oriented
- At least a Second Class Upper Division in Engineering / Information Technology / Management / Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 8 years of experience out of which at least 5 years should be in IT Audit
- Experience in Forensic Technology
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). French language skills will be an advantage
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry with working knowledge of relevant systems and technology.
- Work independently as well as manage a team of professionals (in-house and partner teams)
- Interact with senior management and act as a change agent
- Work under pressure with no compromise on quality of delivery
- Travel at short notice
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply