Asset & Resource Management Holding Company – Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fund Accountant
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- Responsible for managing the organization’s financial accounting and reporting functions, with primary responsibility for the company’s statutory reporting.
- The person will work closely with an experienced group of professionals while engaging in all aspects of financial analysis, accounting, treasury functions, internal controls as well as interacting with external auditors, attorneys and third party service providers
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a suitable framework for effective budget reporting.
- Provide a suitable framework and format for effective reporting of the performance of the portfolio companies and of the Fund.
- Implement the approved procedure for management and reporting of journal entries for the different managed portfolios of the organization.
- Work with the Fund Management Team in the investment of company funds.
- Constant review of the expense, revenue and other components of the annual budget to determine the accurate financial position of the organization at all times and r recommending suitable actions.
- Constant reviews of the fixed-assets register to ensure that entries are accurate and up-to-date.
- Any other activity that may be expected to be performed by a Fund Accountant as requested by the Supervisor in line with the ordinary business of the company
- Ensure that payments are made to and / or on behalf of clients, suppliers and other third parties on a timely basis and in accordance with the applicable Service Level Agreement.
- Transaction Processing: Ensure that all transactions for the company and on behalf of clients are properly processed and captured in the appropriate accounting codes
- Review all general ledger accounts detailing assets, liabilities, and capital. Review all reconciliations of general ledger accounts to applicable sub ledgers, and all inter-company accounts reconciliations.
- Review monthly bank account reconciliations for the applicable accounts and ensure that all reconciling items are promptly cleared
- Supervise and coordinate all banking activities including prompt banking of all cheques and ensuring that the appropriate cash (local & foreign) is available to meet the company’s needs; Coordinate the opening of bank accounts as required.
- Prepare payroll for staff in accordance with specified timelines and ensure that staff receive the credit in their accounts. Remit all statutory payroll deductions (PAYE and pensions) to the appropriate authorities within the stipulated timeframe
- Ensure the correct treatment of withholding tax and VAT in the accounts and also ensure the prompt remittance to the appropriate authorities to avoid any penalties. Ensure corporate income tax compliance. Dealing with all matters relating to tax queries and audits
- Ensure that the company is adequately protected by having in place the necessary insurance policies; coordinating the insurance renewal process and ensuring that the appropriate payments are made
- Provide a suitable framework for effective budget monitoring and reporting i.e. variance between actual and projected performance (income and expenditure).
- Advanced degree in Finance or Business Management (e.g. MBA, M.Sc Finance e.t.c)
- Professional certification in finance and/or accounting from a recognized professional body (e.g. CFA, CPA, CGMA, CIMA, ACCA, ICAN e.t.c)
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience
- Bachelor Degree from a recognized university
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter