Multi Aid and Charity Initiative (MACI) is a registered non-governmental and nonprofit organization majorly concerned with improving the health and well-being condition of women and children, advocacy, and Peacebuilding through policies and programs designed, aimed at salvaging the devastating situation caused by the over a decade Boko Haram insurgency. MACI’s humanitarian interest includes; Gender-based Violence, Girl Child Education, Women and Youth, Empowerment, Sexual and Reproductive Health Education, Community Health Education, and Mobilization. MACI has reached over 10,000 vulnerable women and children with life support and life-changing services in northeast Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Based Violence (GBV) Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Assistant will support the GBV Officer to develop quality and timely assistance for the most vulnerable cases; it involves assessing beneficiaries’ identification, supervision of volunteers, and case management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with GBV Officer to undertake assessments of clients registered for MHPSS services,
- In accordance with the best-practice and international standards in GBV (Gender-Based Violence) response, provide direct, high-quality, and evidence-based psychosocial support for vulnerable persons of concern and particularly GBV survivors,
- Conducting the MHPSS-Protection Screening form in the field office,
- Ensure age-appropriate and tailored recreational and skill-building activities for women and girls in safe and easily accessible spaces,
- Prepare an intervention plan including care plan and case summaries for cases following detailed assessment,
- Identify individual protection cases and case follow up until cases can be considered to be closed,
- Work with identified individuals and families to develop and implement action plans in accordance with their needs, capacities and goals,
- Record and make data entry for the assessment care plan follow up information in the database in a timely manner,
- Accompany cases in the referral places and do necessary home visit, if necessary.
- File and store GBV data in compliance with the basic required procedures of MACI Filing System,
- Compile information and report on achievements. Report internally to the Protection Officer on weekly and monthly achievements,
- Ensure circulating information between service providers on a local level on MHPSS services of MACI, operation protocols, and vulnerability criteria of cases,
- Support mapping of local service providers & support the development of memorandums of understanding,
- Provide group counseling on GBV and relevant topics in the field office,
- Support case referrals between agencies as needed, follow up the case and close the procedure of the cases.
- Ensure accurate data entry of all cases received,
Required Skills / Qualifications
- BA / B.Sc / HND Qualification
- At least 2 years of relevant professional humanitarian experience with a humanitarian aid organization with focus on psychosocial, community services and protection,
- Good knowledge and practice of Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.,
- Ability to multitask and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines,
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required,
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment,
- Experience working with Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) survivors, experience working with case management,
- Flexible and responsive.
- Exceptional command (written and spoken) of English. Kanuri and Hausa
- Understanding rights and protection issues of children and women is an advantage,
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups, partners and nationalities,
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others,
- Fluent in English, Kanuri and Hausa.
Required Competencies and Values
- Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Integrity & transparency
- Managing and sharing knowledge
- Delivering results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter, as a single word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: MACI welcomes applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2022.