Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Cashier
Job Number: 21017435
Location: Lagos Marriott Hotel Ikeja, 122 Joel Ogunnaike St, Lagos
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Schedule: Full Time
Position Type: Non-Management
Located Remotely: N
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Audit cashier banks periodically according to SOPs. Maintain, distribute, and record petty cash, cashier banks, and contracts.
- Document, maintain, communicate, and act upon all Cash Variances according to SOPs.
- Act as liaison between property and armored car service or primary banking institution. Participate in internal, external, and regulatory audit processes and ensure compliance with SOPs
- Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Classify, code, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers.
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Ensure that coworkers understand their tasks. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Protect company assets.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
- We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law