The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern – Administrative Support
SVN No. : CFCV2022.82
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Slot: 3 Openings
IOM Classification: Intern
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Organizational Unit: Immigration and Border Management (IBM)
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with Possibility of Extension
- The IOM Internship Programme provides candidates with the opportunity to learn about IOM’s activities, to gain initial work experience, and/or gain knowledge on a broad range of migration technical areas and disciplines.
- Working under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Assistant (IBM) and the direct supervision of the Programme Assistant (IBM). The interns will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in documentation and tracking of project purchase requests, purchase orders, contracts and expenditures, in liaison with IOM Nigeria Finance Unit, and assisting in preparation of final drafts for monthly funding requests for the project activities.
- Assisting in the preparation of seminars, conferences, workshops, meetings, presentations and missions related to the project, and undertaking duty travel to support project activities when required.
- Assist in researching, compiling and analysing information from professional sources on possible best options and approaches for information technology and data management options that respond to the needs of the projects.
- Assist in contributing to donor reporting
- Assist in collecting and providing necessary information and assists in organizing all aspects of the project, including preparations and support to special consultancies and to staff travel occurring in the project.
- Provide general administrative assistance in timely implementation of project activities.
- Provide support in ensuring proper documentation of project documents and filing.
- Support visibility and communication activities related to the project.
- Performing such other duties as may be assigned.
- Degree from an accredited institution preferably in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Migration Studies, International Relations and/or Law or related field with not more than two years professional experience; or the equivalent combination of work experience in a related area.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience in related field is advantageous
- Fluency in English is required (Oral and Written).
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity. Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates.
- For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
- Knowledge of any local languages
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Application Deadline 19th July, 2022.
Important Information and Notice
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2022.82. Abuja. Intern-Administrative Support (3 Positions).
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee).
- IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts