The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Warehouse Intern
Requisition ID: req24311
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Intern
Open to Expatriates: No
Responsibilities / Scope of Work
- Support the supervision of loading, offloading the goods into the warehouse by the warehouse casual staff.
- Support periodic cycle count as per the standard operating procedure.
- Record daily transactions in warehouse register.
- Update stock cards for goods in the warehouse.
- File warehouse documents online and in physical folders as may be required.
- Supervise kitting activities where required.
- Update bin cards and stock cards for items in the warehouse daily as may be required.
- Communicate any discrepancies observed during receipt or release of goods to the warehouse officer.
- Provide support to warehouse staff as required in managing and documenting the receipt, handling, storage, dispatching and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Warehouse Officer
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Warehouse and programs staff.
- External: Vendors/suppliers.
- B.Sc / HND
- Supply chain/logistics certification desirable.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Attention to details.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Female candidates are encouraged to apply.