The Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF) is a not-for-profit foundation incorporated in 2013 with a mission to improve the quality of decision making and execution in the health sector through a focus on results at scale, providing analytical support, driving innovation, and substantive engagement with key stakeholders. HSDF is a platform for the implementation of effective ideas and innovative solutions and strives to address complex health systems and developmental challenges through a focus on evidence, rigor and continuous improvement whether in line with or diverging from the status quo.
HSDF works with the Federal and State Governments to improve the effectiveness of health service delivery to strengthen the performance of health systems and ensure a focus on results and outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Writer / Communications Consultant
Requisition ID: 364
Location: Abuja or Lagos
Employment Type: Part-time
Type: Consultant (engaged on an as-needed basis)
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
- The Grant Writer/Communications Consultant will prepare grant proposals, beginning by performing research. S/he will have the responsibility to familiarize themselves with the organization’s programs, goals and financial needs. S/he will also look into potential funding sources and assess corporate fit.
- The individual will have primary responsibility for the identification, research, review, writing and submission of grant proposals. The Grants Writer will also drive knowledge management and documentation efforts and ensure all proposals are kept track of.
- S/he must be a business professional and will be responsible for a diverse set of research, administrative and communication-related tasks which must be performed with decisiveness and accuracy for effective business performance.
- Conducts extensive research; liaises with Program Team Leads for accurate and pertinent information for or the development of grant proposals, including program reports and financials.
- Maintains proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs; displays adherence to organization’s mission.
- Writes high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents.
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
- Establishes and maintains personal contact and relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists Program Leads in writing periodic reports in compliance with grant requirements.
Communication and Knowledge Management:
- Assist Program Teams in producing materials and reports, including peer-review publications, first-hand testimonies, success stories, project qualifications, etc. in different forms – written and video, pictures, etc.
- Drafts proactive and reactive press lines and communication pieces for our different communication channels, including our website, intranet, newsletters, media and social networks.
- Ensures all materials are adapted for the different target groups and stakeholders.
- In coordination with Program Teams, organize internal workshops to disseminate donor guidelines and strategies, and integrate into program delivery activities.
- Maintains a robust repository of up-to-date content to support grant proposals, materials, program reports and other requisite records in a knowledge management portal
- Generates queries and reports; exports and other data as needed; ensures quality and confidential controls.
The requirements listed below are representatives of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
Educational / Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in English or Communications, from a recognized Institution.
- 7+ years of experience with at least 2 years in a middle management role. Should have 2+ years of grant writing experience or writing/communications certification.
- Experience should include extensive research, writing and publishing research/papers in the health and social sector; experience working with a large development organization (USAID, DFID, WHO, AfDB) is required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in the health and social sector.
- Excellent research communications skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Exceptional organizational skills that reflect the ability to seamlessly multitask and prioritize multiple tasks across cross-functional teams, with excellent attention to detail, time management.
- Possesses essential knowledge and expertise in grants application, fundraising, budget management, project financial reporting, measuring and reaching income goals, and other related technical skills.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to monitor own work performance and performance of the team.
- Should be a strong decision-maker
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite – Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and other software skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills and project management ability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: If you are interested in this role and the requirements match your skill set and experience, click on the apply link above and upload your CV and a motivation letter
Application Deadline 31st January, 2021.