FBNInsurance is a life insurance business providing coverage for Individual and Corporate Clients. It is therefore our responsibility to make sure we are there for our customers both today and in the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Corporate Planning and Strategy
Ref. no: 310.010.002
Employment Type: Full-time
Grade Level: Manager – Senior Manager
- Drive the facilitation and implementation of Corporate Planning session for the Company, providing technical expertise to the Executive Management of the Company in ensuring that well – thought through strategies, measurable objectives and clearly defined action plans are put in place across the organization.
- Initiate and coordinate innovative, qualitative and business-focused research and development projects, identifying industry trends, regulatory direction, growth and expansion opportunities and implications for the company and present findings to MANCO and EXCO for further analysis and decision- making.
- Work with Finance Department to identify ways to improve financial performance across various product lines and sales channels by recommending implementable strategies to expand the Company’s market share across the various distribution channels and product lines.
- Take active part in the development of new income generation channels for the company and monitor products performance on a continuous basis.
- Engage relevant stakeholders i.e. customers, shareholders, industry partners, regulatory agencies etc. on strategic issues and matters which impact on the corporate objectives and goals of the company.
- Provide, enforce appropriate and consistent project planning methodology and templates across the Organization.
- Responsible for the preparation of Board and other strategic business reports for Executive Management (EXCO).
- Keep abreast of new developments, next practices, regulatory policies, competition, and other initiatives within the industry and the Company’s Technical Partners and ensure appropriate strategic alignment.
- Coordination and planning of strategic management retreats and performance review sessions
- Provide strategic support to the Managing Director/CEO.
- Provide support to various business units within the Company in conducting process review and re-engineering initiatives aimed at improving organisational efficiencies and ensuring exceptional service delivery.
- Provide strategic support to the Human Resources department in driving specific organisational transformation initiatives to improve corporate and individual performance.
Role Specification – Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Qualification
- First-class or 2.1 in any numerate or business-related discipline.
- Post graduate Degree in business or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience (5 years out of this must be with any of the leading business consulting firm).
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of a diverse range of Insurance Products and Services.
- Experience in synthesizing multiple information sources into a coherent framework for addressing business opportunities or challenges.
- Experience in leading and executing complex strategic and operational initiatives for large organizations.
- Experience in working with and advising senior-level executives.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of Business Analysis and Strategy, with industry experience in leading organisations.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian Insurance Market, competitor products and services and the socio- economic factors that influence them.
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry value chain.
- Knowledge of Insurance Operations.
- Performance Management.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Strong Presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Leadership and People Management skills.
- Data gathering and analysis.
- Knowledge of Insurance Products and Services.
- Financial Management knowledge.
- Strategy Formulation and Execution knowledge.
- Stakeholder and Relationship Management.
- Compliance and Operational Risk Knowledge.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail
Application Deadline 7th May, 2021.