Saroafrica International Limited (‘Saro’) is an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saro has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro-Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriseedCo and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saro’s is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition, Saro is making a significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Accounts
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties / Responsibilities
- Supervise end-of-period processes and supports the analysis of the periodical business performance, budgets, and forecasts
- Leads the accounting department in the establishment of risk management procedures as well as the update of those procedures
- Motivates, develops, and creates a departmental culture and vision, taking full responsibility for the success or failure of the quarterly/annual audit process.
- Responsible for building talent across the accounting department and supporting continuous improvement initiatives across the finance department.
Documentation & Reporting:
- Prepares reports in reflection of the revenue quarterly/annual processes
- Develops reports on all accounting related matters inclusive of taxation matters
- Presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Managing financial transactions.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Pro-active advice and recommendations on the business’s financial approaches from an accounting and taxation perspective.
- Completeness and accuracy of bank/cash reconciliations
- Review financial information and analysis from direct reports
- Ensures the accounting departments in the preparation of accounts and conducting quarterly/annual auditing and the final preparation of accounts
- Ensures the accounting department in the preparation and monitoring the business’s annual budgets and liaises with external auditors to drive ad hoc projects that will improve process efficiency
- Ensures that there is a proactive engagement across the accounting department in implementing audit findings with a view of improving the business’s overall financial performance
Statutory Compliance & Tax:
- Tax planning and ensuring statutory tax compliances on Coy Tax, VAT, WHT and other relevant taxes
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Interface with the auditors, tax authorities, banks, and regulatory agencies
- Preparing company tax
- Ensuring compliance with all other statutory and financial regulations e.g. IFRS
Accounting & Auditing:
- Ensuring proper accounting records are maintained and aligned with Organizational Goals
- Maintains professional development, and remains abreast of relevant accounting issues and financial policy and standards.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Coordinating audit processes.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Establishing a mechanism/checklist to ensure operations are under control and give requisite support to business heads.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Debt management and collection
Cost Control, Cash Flow Management & Administration:
- Imports and logistics supervision
- Monitor and facilitate administration activities for the company
- Ensure assessment and proper control of the admin expenditure for the company.
- Receivables, Payables and Stocks control
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or relevant field (Minimum of Second Class Upper).
- An MBA or equivalent postgraduate management degree will be an advantage.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in Financial Management and Controls
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACCA or ACA).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th May, 2022.