Talents and Skills Africa Consulting – Our client, a corporate technology solutions provider in the document copy/print/scan equipment, maintenance servicing, print management solutions industry is seeking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Engineering
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client is a corporate technology solutions provider in the document copy/print/scan equipment, maintenance servicing, print management solutions industry is seeking a Head of Engineering to join our dynamic and growing team.
- In this position, the Candidate will oversee all technical matters companywide and manage the technical support team. You will work collaboratively with clients/users, the technical team, and various stakeholders within the company to ensure the delivery of all products in an efficient, timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the Engineering leader and Technical expert
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering team members
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by
- Propose and oversee budgets and timelines for engineering projects
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects
- Monitor and determine various staffing and training needs
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members
- Spearhead various research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally
- Support and develop line-managed staff to ensure they are enabled to carry out their areas of responsibility efficiently and effectively.
- Carry out Health and Safety risk Identification and assessments
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with customers and other professionals.
- Ensure technical team trains customers properly
- Operate in accordance with the organization’s employment, health and safety, equal opportunities and other legal requirements, organizational practices, policies, and procedures
- Conduct regular status meetings with all necessary stakeholders
- Contribute to the planning and development of the organization.
- Deliver work within budget and agreed targets.
- Responsible for being properly trained
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the job role.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Computer Science, Engineering, Elect. Elect. etc)
- Master’s degree in engineering management or business administration preferred
- 3 years of engineering experience, ideally in a management role
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise.
Deadline: 5th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter