WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Exploration
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
- The role of Head, Exploration Geology encompasses the leadership role on all exploration matters within the Company, including serving as technical advisor to the Group Managing Director.
- The Head, Exploration Geology sets exploration targets and budgets, defines goals and standards for the function, and manages the exploration team in the application of technology and the execution of exploration operations to achieve the results and support the company’s strategic goals.
- Implement and oversee the exploration and resource definition programs for the Company’s projects.
- Prepare and manage the exploration plan and budget and ensure the Company achieves its exploration goals within budget and on time.
- Interpret and analyze the results of drilling and other geological and geotechnical information to develop geologic models and mineralization theories, delineate current and future exploration targets, and evaluations of reserves/resources in the areas under exploration.
- Develop monitoring and tracking tools to allow reporting of the status of resources and reserves, including the efficiency and cost strategies.
- Identify, prioritize and develop drilling programs, including economic justification and support, to allow for the definition of potential resource additions and/or reserve conversion.
- Degree / Advanced Degree in Geology or Geoscience. An MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 20 years of cognate geological/ exploration experience in the Upstream oil and gas exploration industry with at least 5 years in a senior management position.
- History of leading the exploration function within an organization and managing staff towards the desired objectives, standards and outcomes.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-million-dollar budgets.
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and have a high level of comfort in making presentations to various stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of business operations and procedures.
- Critical and innovative thinking.
- Possess demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and a broad range of individuals effectively in order to ensure project completion in accordance with project scope.
- Proven ability to coach, guide, motivate and lead multicultural and cross-functional teams in challenging environments.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply