Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Lastmile – Jumia
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Services – Logistics – Lastmile
- The Head of Last Mile will lead the strategy and project management of all initiatives and pilots related to last mile delivery
- Have either individually or as part of a team, created or improved ways of leveraging the company’s existing or potential assets to fulfill goods to consumers.
- On-time deliveries, Cost Efficiency and Lean Operations, Successful deliveries,Technology adaptability
- Managing the talent pool of Jumia Services and building a strong leadership team in Deliver
- Actively design and steer CXP and VXP excellence projects along with Local and Central operations leaders
- Manage and improve fleet management practices, team and cost of operation Create a culture of best-in-class material handling in Last mile
- Lead key transformations in supply chain (or in partnership), allowing our last mile hubs to receive product faster and more often without increasing costs of delivery
- Ability to work cross functionally with key fulfillment partners such as Logistics, supply chain and other partners, such as IT
- Contribute to improvement and enhancement of product features and define roadmap.
- Design and own end to end the Last mile unit costs strategy to meet both our requirements of CXP/VXP and unit economics targets
- Actively feed and contribute to the system roadmap design to deliver the required instruments for this logistics success
- Leading the scale up and expansion of last mile footprint (3PL expansion, pick up station expansion, Delivery Associates hiring and expansion).
- Own and create the 3PL community management for Jumia
Qualification & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- 7 years minimum experience, logistics operations
- Experience in strategy and complex network management
- Good Knowledge of the Logistical Operations in the local market is a plus.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter