The Wildlife Conservation Society is an international NGO headquartered at Bronx Zoo in New York City working to save wildlife and wild lands and to meet global challenges in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, the Americas and the world’s oceans. The Africa Program is the largest of WCS’s field programs, with approximately 1,100 staff in 12 country programs focused across three major regions (Central Africa, Sudano-Sahel, Eastern Africa, Madagascar and Western Indian Ocean).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Monitoring & Evaluation
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief of Party
Start Date: 1st April, 2022
Expected Travel: Frequent travel to Abuja and Bauchi State as well as field sites in Cross River
- The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) Nigeria Program is seeking a Head of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) to ensure the implementation, coordination and administration of all activities supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- This position will be responsible for coordinating the monitoring and evaluation of the program in addition to managing the Performance Monitoring Plan.
- Building and supervising the M&E unit. The M&E unit supports all departments and directly informs program management
- Working with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party, manage implementation of the results framework
- Catalyse studies and collection of required data for the results framework to adapt programs and activities, inform decision making and planning on several key dimensions, including:
- Quantifying the changes in the well-being of communities (ensuring that all data are disaggregated as appropriate)
- Developing data collection tools (including, for example, the use of KoBoToolbox) with department heads to ensure accurate collection of data
- Using and adapting appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools – KAP, METT, Capacity Scorecards, Financial Sustainability Scorecards, etc.
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that data required for donor reporting (including donor specific results frameworks) are collected, collated, analysed and prepared for reports in a timely fashion
- Assisting with the process of writing reports.
- Measuring the impacts related to agricultural production and transformation
- Measuring environmental impacts on key habitats, ecosystem services and conservation targets
- Building a network of partners and collaborators to carry out surveys, and data collection and analyses
- Promoting theory-of-change, design thinking and/or results-based management
- Promoting learning across the organisation from the analysis and interpretation of data and results
- Candidates will need to demonstrate clearly that they have the necessary experience and skills to:
- Work with other team members to collect and collate data,
- Carry out qualitative and quantitative data collection and analyses,
- Build and maintain databases,
- Contribute to the process of writing reports,
- Providing rigorous analysis to feed into strategic decision making processes and
- Promote learning from the monitoring and evaluation processes.
- A Post-graduate Degree (Masters or PhD) in an appropriate subject;
- Five to seven years of relevant experience, with experience with non-profit organisation(s) and on donor-funded project(s) in developing country(ries) a plus;
- Hands on experience in strategic planning processes;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent understanding of different components of M&E and skills in leading M&E systems;
- Sound conceptual understanding in advancing gender equality in programming and workplace;
- Written and oral fluency and excellent writing skills in English are required;
- Ability to work with a diverse, interdisciplinary team of people;
- Demonstrated openness and sensitivity to the socio-cultural environment.
- An interest to conduct rigorous analysis that will inform strategic decision-making;
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills, proven IT skills including database management and knowledge of statistical software (e.g., R or Stata), and use of data collection tools such as KoBoToolbox (or equivalent);
- Knowledge of GIS is an added advantage;
- Experience of, and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability;
- Previous experience of managing a team and managing projects;
- Demonstrated skills in oversight of research, assessment and evaluations;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Application / Cover Letter and CV together with the Names and Contact information of Three References to: [email protected] using “Nigeria M&E” as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- WCS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce: qualified women, people from all ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value. EOE AA M/F/SO/Vets/Disabled.
Application Deadline 15th March, 2022.