Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Third-Party Logistics (3PL)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head of Third-Party Logistics (3PL) will ensure on time delivery and pickups through 3rd Party Logistics providers as per agreed Service levels.
- You will also be managing 3rd party Logistics providers as required by and demand of delivery and pick up of Jumia shipments.
- Formulate a set of SLAs and Processes for the 3rd Party Logistics providers as per the requirement and load from time to time.
- Structure and conduct analysis on 3PL performance data available to monitor and track performance.
- Monitoring the performance of all 3rd party service providers on processes related to customer experience in SCM like timely delivery, completion of data entry to ensure data availability as agreed, return pick up and any process related to a customer’s experience.
- Managing 3rd party Logistics providers as per SLAs
- Managing cost of delivery through 3PL vendors
- Partner with 3PL vendors to identify and resolve issues in their delivery processes to ensure best performance for Jumia deliveries.
Manage 3PL vendor portfolio by:
- Constantly monitoring and evaluating vendor performance relative to each other to decide volumes and coverage areas given to each vendor.
- Regular and consistent feedback activities / mechanisms to ascertain the services levels of 3rd Party Logistics providers and encourage improvements
- Reiterate on Values of Jumia at all levels.
- Constantly keep new service providers in the pipeline to enhance the benchmark of services to customer.
- Regular audit of data on deliveries and return pickups.
- Mitigate any likely risks in SCM Processes / Practices and Customer Experience.
Qualification & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Logistics managing 3rd party logistics partners.
- Customer Service/Account Management
- Should have experience in SCM in online or offline retail formats / FMCG companies.
- Should have experience in vendor management and have handled teams
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience (an MBA will be a plus)
- Strong analytical skills, managing and tracking KPI dashboards.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply