TuneCore is the premier digital music distributor with one of the largest music catalogues in the world. Since its launch in 2006, TuneCore artists have earned over a billion dollars in download and streaming revenue.
Our teams work together every day to support our artists’ success. We develop groundbreaking products and tools to help artists distribute their music worldwide, collect their revenue, and reach new fans.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Tunecore, Central Africa (Internal Consultant)
Job Type: Contract
Job Nature: Employees can work remotely
- We are seeking an experienced Head of TuneCore, Central Africa (Internal Consultant) to oversee our Central Africa operations and lead strategies to drive growth and market penetration in the region
- S/He will represent TuneCore in Central Africa and will be responsible for managing brand localization, operations, strategy, reporting, competitive/market analysis, and budget management
- The Head of TuneCore, Central Africa reports to the VP of International and is responsible for establishing and growing the TuneCore brand in the region.
- S/He is willing to experiment, take risks and move quickly to acquire and retain clients
- The Head of TuneCore, Central Africa must have strong written and verbal communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology
- S/he has strong relationship-building skills with an ability to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
The tasks and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Build and manage the local strategic growth plan and budget for Central Africa to meet local market needs, drive growth and increase market penetration.
- Balance between short-term lead generation programs and long-term brand awareness/equity/advocacy campaigns for the market.
- Conduct and manage local competitive analysis to inform TuneCore’s product offering, marketing initiatives and localization strategy.
- Research, analyze and identify local market trends and build quarterly market reports for Central Africa to be shared with the Central Team, identifying local market needs and opportunities to inform localization priorities.
- Partner with the Believe Head of Sales in Africa (Believe is TuneCore’s parent company) to identify, propose, implement and optimize TuneCore’s localization initiatives for Central Africa.
- Put together KPI reports and campaign postmortems for weekly and monthly international performance reviews highlighting successes, learnings and opportunities.
- Identify, negotiate, test, launch and manage local marketing partnerships to accelerate client acquisition, build competitive advantage and grow brand awareness in Central Africa.
- Lead identification, implementation and management of local Artist Service partnerships. Collaborate with cross functional teams on synergies and best practices across markets. Negotiate best terms, gain competitive advantage and ensure partnerships benefit TuneCore’s defined client segments.
- Represent TuneCore at local industry events and conferences across Central Africa.
- Spearhead the event strategy for Central Africa aligning the local market and business needs with the event plan and activation.
- Establish relationships with the local music community including local music institutions, schools and companies.
- Partner with the Believe Label Services team to bridge communication with TuneCore customers for upsell initiatives.
- Lead localization of TuneCore’s education content and programs in Central Africa including webinars, podcasts, mentoring sessions, blogs and guides.
- Partner with the Central Marketing Team to identify and vet translators and local writers for marketing materials and content. Help audit translations and locally written content to ensure translations meet quality standards.
Cross-functional Team Collaboration:
- Build and manage marketing plan and calendar for Central Africa providing Central Team visibility to initiatives and timelines to aid in workload management and campaign alignment.
- Collaborate with Central Communication Team to localize PR initiatives for Central Africa and proactively recommend initiatives and programs to drive brand awareness and build competitive advantage in the market.
- Liaison with Central Artist Support Team on localization opportunities for Client Care.
- Collaborate with the Business Development and Product Teams on product localization to meet market and competitive landscape needs.
- Partner with the Central Paid Media Team to collaborate on localization of Paid Social, SEM and SEO marketing channels. Provide support and contribution to global acquisition initiatives.
- Partner with the Central Marketing Team on localization of website, social media, email and content to meet local acquisition and retention goals.
- Work with Central Team to identify and recruit local influencers to endorse the TuneCore brand and participate in TuneCore’s influencer marketing programs. Provide Central Team with recommendations on localization of influencer program to ensure it meets local market needs in Central Africa.
- Assist Product Team by participating in usability testing ahead of product launches.
- As an internal consultant you have consulting skills and you are client service-focused.
- 5+ years experience in a digital focused organization
- Highly motivated with the ability to function independently and solve problems creatively and quickly.
- Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under shifting deadlines.
- Team player and comfortable working cross-functionally across varying levels.
- Demonstrate thoroughness, follow-up, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- B.S / B.A Degree
- A strong knowledge of the digital music industry is highly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Familiarity with paid search/SEO (Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yandex) and paid social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in Amharic a plus.