First Ally Capital is a wholly indigenous Financial Services firm, whose focus is on providing top notch advisory & investment services to individuals and organizations. First Ally Capital was incorporated on May 20, 2014 as an Issuing House, Financial Advisory and Investment Management firm, with authorized capital of N2.5 billion, and an issued and fully-paid capital of N1.65 billion. The firm was licensed by the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 20, 2014 as Issuing House and Underwriters.
The Firm commenced operations at a very significant point in the evolution of the Nigerian financial services industry and will leverage it’s solid capital base, the strong financial services background of its promoters and the excellent track-record and credentials of its directors and shareholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Risk / Internal Control
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a Head, Risk / Internal Control to provide the leadership and direction required to analyse and assess the risk in the organization and design and implement strategies and processes which mitigate threats to the successful delivery of the organization’s corporate and business plans and desired outcomes.
- Design and implement an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur.
- Deliver regular risk analysis reports to Executive Management with actionable plans for avoidance or prevention of possible threats at all levels.
- Creating and ensuring that business continuity plans are in place to limit risks.
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the organization.
- Training & mentoring direct reports
- Assessing risk by analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that can affect the organization.
- Evaluating risks by comparing the estimated risk against the given risk criteria with the aim of determining the significance of the risk.
- Establishing the level of risk the organization is willing to take and ensuring that adequate controls are in place.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the Group Managing Director.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a leading university.
- Qualified Accountant
- Minimum of 7 years experience in the audit, risk/internal control function
Skills / Competency Requirements:
- Excellent understanding of the business
- Excellent client relationship development/management
- Risk Management
- Financial Markets Knowledge
- Leadership / Supervisory
- Team building/conflict management
- Organization & coordination
- General managerial / administration
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer appreciation / data entry (word processing / spreadsheet / graphics / powerpoints).
- Analytical and Numerical skills
- Attention to details
- Communication and presentation skills
- Results/Action Orientation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th June, 2022.