White Soul Investment Limited – Our client, a highly reputable Haulage Company is looking to engage suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health and Safety Supervisor – Logistics / Haulage
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- A highly reputable haulage company looking to engage the services of a Health and Safety Supervisor to facilitate compliance with health and safety guidelines.
- The ideal candidate would be responsible for recruitment and verification of drivers, journey management planning, compliance and monitoring and providing advice on measuresto minimize hazards or unhealthy situations.
Key Functions of the Role
- Support the development of safety policies and programs
- Recruit and train drivers.
- Monitor and ensure compliance to all safety policies
- Advise and train all other personnel on various safety-related topics i.e. PPE, etc
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check that policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issuesor non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes andhandle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- B.Sc / BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in health and safety
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working as a Health and Safety Supervisor
- Experience in the transport/logistics industry is a must
- Must be located in Calabar or willing to relocate
- Proven experience as safety officer and working with drivers.
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- Must be agile.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: recr[email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 15th July, 2021.