Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Health Informatics Intern
Requisition ID: req12806
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response. Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Internship
- Data.FI is seeking self-directed interns with a passion for technology, collaboration, and creative problem-solving.
- The interns will work closely for 6 months with mentors and senior leadership on the project health informatics (HI) team and will actively contribute to development and deployment of electronic medical records systems in support of USAID Nigeria implementing partners under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the HI team in application development (coding, programming) and maintenance
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support
- Lend support in other areas as may be identified by the mentor or HI Team Lead
- Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, or related fields’ major
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Strong work ethic and attention to details.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, programming languages: Java, .NET, Python, C, C++, HTML/DHTML
- Hands-on experience in international development
- Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals
- Collaborating hand-in-hand with skilled teams of software engineers
- Opportunity to attend networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply