Sunrose Consulting Limited – Our client, a leading manufacturer of plastic products in Nigeria, is recruiting an experienced individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Managing Director, you will provide support in all Health and Safety functions within the organisation.
- You will provide support to factory HODs, supervisors and factory staff to develop and execute health and safety plans that ensure that there is a prevalent culture of Health and Safety within the factories and the organisation as a whole.
In addition this role will require you to do the following:
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Evaluate the workplace environment and develop safety-management policies that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees
- Enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Advise on suitable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for employees
- Advise on various areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Revise and update all existing safety policies in line with required safety standards
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Prepare reports on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Analyzing / monitoring trends regarding incidents, inspections, audits, and corrective measures while also keeping the management team informed.
- Organise regular tool box talks & Lead in-house training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Conduct induction for all visitors, employees at the depot and other outstation and new employees to the Base yard
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Educational standard: HND / B.Sc. and relevant HSE certification
- Minimum Working Experience: 2 Years related experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The candidate must have proficient knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical Skills
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Physical Fitness.
- Ability to use Initiative
- Must be Results Driven.
- Must have an investigative mind
- Good Leadership skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications & CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 21st July, 2022.