Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Safety and Environment Manager
Job Requisition ID: R20725
- At Maersk, we strive to enable you to become your best version of yourself by helping you realize your potential in an entrepreneurial and inclusive work environment.
- At Maersk, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job – irrespective of gender, age, nationality, or religious belief.
- As the Health Safety Security & Environment (HSSE) Manager, you will provide specialist functional knowledge in support of operational HSSE.
- Manage and drive HSSE, Emergency Crisis Management, Incident Management and Business Continuity Management at Country level while ensuring frameworks are being adhered to through action plans and by relevant functional focal points.
- Defining and driving HSSE requirements for contractors and vendors; including but not limited to assuring HSSE provision in contracts, and conformance of contractors at their place of work in line with directions from Area HSSE Manager.
- Influence, engage and support the Leadership Team and personnel in developing positive safety culture in all sites in Nigeria.
- Responsible to share HSSE KPIs to the area business management and identify trends of HSSE performance and responsible to drive HSSE continuous improvement initiatives.
- Drive initiatives for Transportation Safety.
- Drive initiatives and implement best practices towards Environment and Sustainability for L&S.
- Implement critical controls for Man-Machine separation, which includes, but not limited to- designing facility Traffic Management Plans, Facility signage designs and control measures vs improvement plans mapping.
- Advise the business in a timely manner on all HSSE legislative and best practice developments. This includes being the subject matter expert in area of Crisis and Business Continuity Management.
- Investigate, analyze, and review all HSSE incidents, Near Misses and unsafe practices within the area. Conduct post incident reviews and sharing findings and learnings with the Area Leadership Team.
- Conduct & Drive HSSE audits/exercises/other HSSE processes for facilities (own and partners’), as well as vendors & following up to ensure performance criteria are met.
- Responsible to design & facilitate the HSSE training modules in coordination with Area HSSE Manager.
- Drive initiatives towards cultural transformation across the area. Drive Behaviour Based Safety.
We Are Looking For
- A Certified Safety Professional with 8 – 10 years of relevant HSSE experience in operations with a strong passion for keeping people safe
- Having sound knowledge of local HSSE legislations in Nigeria, applicable to logistics industry is highly desirable.
- Ability to drive initiatives through cross functional teams.
- Facilitation skills and ability to influence.
- Ability to drive alignment with the key stakeholders.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- High ethical standards.
- Good understanding of risk management principles and application of barriers and critical controls.
- Having sound knowledge of Security Standards (C-TPAT & TAPA) with understanding of Security Risk Assessments.
- Good knowledge of HSSE data analytics.
- Knowledge in auditing for ISM certifications (ISO 9001, 45001, 14001) is desirable.
- Understand how to adapt logistics activities, flows, relationships and address constraints.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply