Nigerian Foundries Limited (NFL) is the leading ferrous foundry group in sub-sahara (excluding South Africa) with a total installed capacity of 8,500 metric tons per year. It has two plants, one in Ilupeju Lagos State and one at Sango-Otta, Ogun State. NFL started as a small grey iron foundry at Ilupeju in 1969 by the Barberopoulos brothers making municipal castings and water pipeline fittings.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Officer
Locations: Ogun and Lagos
Overall Job Summary
- The Health, Safety, and Environment Officer is responsible for implementing programs to ensure compliance with HSE regulations and to preserve workers, visitors, and contractors’ health and safety.
- Review of Health, Safety, and Environment documentation and developing new policies, and systems considering new and current legislation, best practices, and business needs.
- Supporting the Investigation of significant health and safety incidents and facilitating the production of reports, documentation, and identification of root cause and business improvements within the required timescales.
- Reports to the Executive Management Team on all matters relating to HSE.
- Prepares all in-house health, safety &environment training in consultation with the Human Resources department
- Liaises with relevant health, safety & environment regulatory, and certification agencies.
- Convenes and directs affairs at the weekly health, safety & environment Reps meeting.
- Prepares monthly HSE report to the Executive Management Team.
- Ensures all first aid boxes are equipped with relevant first aid tools and medication.
- Liaises with clients to ensure that the company meets up with their HSE requirements.
- Conducts HSE induction training for new employees and trainees in consultation with the Human Resources department.
- Manages the quality of Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs).
- Monitors externally sourced materials and services, to ensure compliance with health, safety, and environment requirements/standards.
- B.Sc / HND in Engineering or Environmental Sciences, and Occupational Health and Safety qualification (HSE Level 3).
- NEBOSH Certificate or other HSE professional courses will be an advantage
- Understanding of ‘Process safety in relation to high hazard processes.
- Computer literate particularly in Microsoft packages.
- Experience with either ISO 9001:2015; ISO 50001:2018; OHSAS 45001.
- Minimum of 3 years of HSE work experience in Manufacturing, Construction, or Oil / Gas.
The Person Must:
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Have leadership skills
- Have good time management skills.
- Possess good organizational skills
N150,000 – N200,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 1st July, 2022.