Frigoglass Industries Nigeria Limited is the global leader in the Ice Cold Merchandisers (ICM) market and the principal supplier of glass packaging in the high growth markets of West Africa, supplying to more than 10 countries across the continent.
In our glass container business, we are focused on markets in Africa, which are increasingly the prime regions of investment for our customers. We aim to create value for our customers by building on our position as a leading supplier of glass bottles and complementary packaging solutions in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health & Safety Specialist, Crown
- To identify potential hazard points and ensure effective corrective actions are taken and ensure all employees are provided with safety wares and enforce their use as the job requires.
- Ensure all incidents are investigated and reported within 24 hours of notification from the concerned departments and investigation report circulated to concerned department.
- Develop, recommend, and execute safety policies, as well as accident prevention and control systems and programs, and ensure that they are implemented throughout the facility.
- Ensure prompt and adequate reporting of accidents, near-misses, identification of unsafe acts and conditions with a view to addressing them and communicating the reports.
- Interpret and evaluate factory compliance with applicable safety codes.
- Review construction plans for new and existing factory structures to ensure compliance with fire, and safety codes.
- Coordinates with departmental managers/supervisors to discuss safety precautions and requirements, recommendations, and code analysis.
- Monitor safety inspection programs, evaluates program maintenance and determines priority of current hazard correction and recommends action to reduce risks; makes random visits with inspectors.
- Advise, coordinate and provides technical guidance to factory employees regarding safety codes, policies and procedures.
- Conduct investigations and statistical analysis to identify hazards and assess loss potential; writes findings report.
- To ensure compliance with relevant Quality Management Systems (QMS), Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) & Environmental Management Systems (EMS) policies and procedures.
- Ensure required licenses or registrations are maintained as required by applicable legislations.
- Maintain relationship with regulatory agencies to remain current on changing standards and interpretations and to serve as contact person for plant.
- To raise awareness of safety and protection procedures, develop and implement safety educational programs or activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Environmental Management and Protection or related fields.
- Good understanding of applicable local and international Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) laws and regulations.
- Computer literacy, physical strength and ability to perform under emergency situations.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Member of globally recognized professional associations such as Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON) is added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th March, 2022.