AHH is an African-focused health asset management entity which is committed to investing in and transforming healthcare assets across Africa through innovation and technology. Our goal is to develop high-quality healthcare facilities, roll them up under a common management entity, and lower the cost of care delivery. We presently own and operate 19 hospitals and clinics Ghana and in Lagos, Nigeria, which are undergoing our unique across turnaround process and operational overhaul.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Healthcare Quality & Environmental and Social Governance Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting To: Global VP, Quality&Environmental and Social Governance (QESG) Responsible For Interns
- The objective of the role is to analyze, report, and assess various ESG metrics and CarePoint’s targets, in collaboration with the overall execution and strategy across our healthcare facilities.
- The Associate will be responsible for development and implementation of CarePoint’s environmental, social, and governance strategy. This role also entails tracking and reporting long-term sustainability methods of the company and ways to improve and rollout engagement. The Associate will work closely with team members, as well as stakeholders in CarePoint.
General Role Requirements
- Assist the team in carrying out CarePoint’s policies, procedures, and templates for identifying, managing and monitoring environmental, social, and governance issues (ESG), and ensuring they are up-to-date and in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Working with brand companies in multiple countries (Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Egypt) to identify and support the implementation and development of ESG and Quality-focused initiatives and policies.
- Report and analyze the ESG data of brand companies for performance enhancement.
- Perform biannual ESG assessment on the Company’s healthcare facilities and brand companies, to ensure adherence to local laws and IFC performance standards.
- Keeping up to date with relevant regulatory and industry developments and regulations at CarePoint and brand companies level.
- Co-ordinate the organization of in-house clinical training across the brands based on an assessment of clinical compliance rates.
- Represent CarePoint in all engagements with SafeCare Lagos and facilitate the uptake of facility Implementation Plans (QIP)
- Assist with writing quarterly ESG-focused articles for publication.
- Provide support in preparation of yearly ESG report.
- Assist with investor inquiries.
- Continuous monitoring of healthcare facilities’ performance against CarePoint ESG & Quality goals. Regular benchmarking of the Company’s ESG performance against competitors, and against industry trends and best practices. Proactive identification of issues, risks, opportunities, and trends that may impact CarePoint from an ESG and corporate responsibility perspective.
- Familiar with Quality Assurance and Quality Assurance clinical roles. The associate will apply both ESG and Quality Assurance, in his/her work.
- Facilitate the performance of clinical audits based continuous changing needs of the facilities
- Any other duties will be assigned by the head of the ESG department.
- Assist with developing an ESG evaluation framework to allocate and attribute ESG risk, in support of CarePoint’s organizational goals.
- Through research and continuous dedication to refining industry-leading methodologies, develop best practices for ESG risk management.
- Investigate and report ESG risk profile and tolerance.
- In correspondence to risk management policies and compliance, contribute to business continuity planning.
- Develop ESG training, guidance, assistance, and toolkits to support investment teams with their ESG knowledge and responsibilities.
- Monitor, review, and present cross asset-class ESG risk exposure to assess potential impact of action and inaction of CarePoint’s brands.
- Produce efficient and creative risk reports and ratings.
- Prepare briefing materials and recommendations for the Company’s management and board of directors on ESG risk and related financial industry trends, issues, and regulatory developments.
- Provide contextual and significant ESG due diligence of each investment target asset, and implement CarePoint’s policies and procedures. Propose feedback when necessary.
- Work with the investment team, consultants, and target assets to agree on ESG action plans for each investment.
- Collaborate and guide external consultants to address specific challenges with potential investors and target companies.
- Collaborate with investment team to inform and guide pre-investment ESG due diligence.
- Assist the investment teams with both investment-specific and industry-wide risks and potential mitigations during the Due Diligence/ESG screening phase.
- Propose ESG investment ideas and strategies that can be contributed to the investment process.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Education: A First Degree in Biological Sciences, Business Management/Commerce, Finance, Legal or Economics.
- Post Graduate Studies : A relevant post-graduate degree in healthcare services, ESG, CSR, Clinical work or related discipline is a definite advantage but not required.
- Previous Experience :
- 2-5 years of related experience that included direct experience with clinical, healthcare or ESG programs in a corporate environment, including working with reporting and ratings framework.
Personal Attributes & Physical Demands:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to understand, summarize and convery complex information in readily understandable terms.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ESG and Quality policies,frameworks,standards and trends.
- Technical experience and/ or an appreciation of conducting ESG reviews, due diligence assessments, monitoring and reporting in alignment with the IFC Performance Standards.
- Robust influencing and engagement ability; adept at building relationships and credibility with external and internal stakeholders.
- Diplomacy, tact, and strong interpersonal skills. Open-minded personality ready to learn, work, and help the team.
- Understand healthcare quality and ESG risks – experience in identifying, analyzing, and assessing ESG risk.
- Advanced research, data collection, reporting and analytical skills; can locate and interpret relevant information provide thoughtful and significant recommendations, insight, and reports.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only candidates meeting the requirements will be shortlisted
Application Deadline 2nd August, 2022.