A leading independent Oil Exploration and Production company in Nigeria requires the services of experienced and dynamic candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO)
- Control the safe movement of all personnel on, and in the direct vicinity of the helicopter landing platform
- Control of the loading and unloading of cargo on instructions of the helicopter crew
- Provision of manifests for passengers and cargo, and the required documentation for the safe transport of special loads
- Provide Radio communication procedure during arrival and departure of helicopter
- Ensure appropriate firefighting and rescue equipment are in place, regularly serviced and timely deployed for use when needed.
- Ensure proper supervision of passengers to and from the helicopter
- Responsible for the control, loading and unloading of cargo and controls refueling of the helicopter alongside the captain of the aircraft.
- Provision of manifests for passengers and cargo, and the required documentation for the safe transport of special loads.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of the helicopter landing area and associated equipment in both offshore and onshore installations
- Ensure that helicopter landings, passenger and freight movements are done in a safe and expeditious manner.
- Maintain constant contact with the aircraft commander via necessary communication apparatus
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- A minimum of at least 8 years operational experience on the job role.
- Possess a minimum of OND or HND in any Core Engineering or Social Science disciplines
- Basic Helicopter Landing Officer training (HLO, HAD) is mandatory
- Must have completed the requisite helicopter crew course (HLO, HAD)
- Must possess Basic Helicopter Landing Officer Training and Helicopter Fire Fighting & Rescue Certificates
- Must be able to guide passengers on the helideck, handle cargo and documentation
- Must be familiar with emergency procedure manuals of the company
- The ideal candidates for this position must have sound knowledge and operational experience for helicopter and associated equipment management in onshore and onshore installation in ensuring that helicopter landings, passenger and freight movements are done in a safe and expeditious manner.
- Must be familiar and conversant with necessary aviation regulations with regards to design and equipment of helidecks
- Must be familiar and conversant with normal and emergency procedures during helicopter operations.
Competitive and attractive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, CV and scanned / clear corporate passport photographs to: [email protected] with the position applied for as the subject of the email.
- Applications will be treated in confidential manner
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 19th August, 2021.