Shawsand Medical Centre is a world-class medical facility located in Port Harcourt. We have different medical equipment that aids us in treating our patients and various surgical procedures. Our staff are highly trained and dedicated towards their work. We are computerized and this makes the jobeasier. It also ensures continuity.We at Shawsand Medical Centre have chosen to adopt this model of patient care in Nigeria in our areas of focus, utilizing the state-of-the-artequipment in our facility and local, national, and international expertise that is available to provide solutions to our patients’ problems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HMO Billing / Receivable Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Give information on whether a treatment procedure can be carried out for a patient to various units when called upon for verification.
- Put a call across to the companies for verification for patients who do not come with clinic paper or any form of identification or whose names are not on the list sent by their companies to the hospital.
- Get approvals (via mails or phone calls) from the various companies before commencing any treatment or carrying out a procedure that is not on the agreed tariff the hospital has with them, in order to avoid denial of payments.
- Prepare patients’ bill based on the agreed tariff we have with each of the companies, and bill this on the hospital manager.
- Give the invoices for each of the companies to the accountant to sign.
- Handover the signed invoices to the driver for submission to the various companies.
- Preparing the Timetable / Roaster for the Admin department.
- Maintaining accounts receivable files and records
- Performing account reconciliations
- Ensure that they sign their bill at the end of each treatment.
- Keep record of the treatments given to each patient (including the diagnosis, investigations, procedures and medications) on both hard and soft copy.
- Keep track of patients’ data over multiple visits.
- Collate the total bill for each month.
- Reconcile your bill after payments have been made in the case of denials.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Candidates should possess an OND qualification with 0 – 2 years work experience.
N60,000 – N80,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 31st December, 2021.