Physio Centers of Africa – We are an innovative healthcare business seeking to propel physiotherapy and elder care to world class levels in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Home Caregiver
Location: Asaba, Delta
Unit: PCA Care
Reports to: HEC Superviser
Status: Contract Position
- Compassionate and nurturing caregiver who is part of our team and mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults and homebound individuals throughout our community. PCA Care provides a variety of non-medical services that allow clients to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging or monitoring/illness with dignity.
Core Job Requirements
- Provide care in shifts at either day or evening to homebound patients according to the requirements set by the patient and/or his/her family and physician.
- Assistance with personal care and hygiene, including grooming and bathing
- Assistance with toileting and incontinence issues
- Help clients take prescribed medication
- Companionship and conversation
- Medication and appointment reminders as well as administration.
- Assist clients with ambulation and mobility around the house or outside (doctor’s appointments, walks etc.)
- Help clients with physical therapy exercises. Work may involve;
- Provision of emergency care and action planning
- Additional Care (depending on patient needs toileting & bathing):
- Meal assistance from the clients (when they are able)
- Do the client’s shopping or accompany them when they shop
- Accompany client to social events and gatherings.
Administration and Communication:
- Document and effectively communicate activities during visit and general wellbeing of client.
- Clock In after punctual arrival at clients home and clock out at allocated time.
- Report any unusual incidents and provide feedback to physician, family and office.
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency, so that all possible, new or enhanced opportunities are exploited.
Competency and Skills Requirements
- HND or equivalent level of education.
- If no educational background In healthcare previous exposure to the sector and a keen Interest In the sector.
- Proven experience as a caregiver and prior training as a nurse or auxiliary nurse.
- Excellent knowledge of emergency response and first aid (CPR)
- Good time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics
- Physical endurance
- Knowledge of housekeeping activities with attention to dietary constraints
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety standards
- Respectful and compassionate
- Organizational and time management capability
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Customer centric/patient centric attitude
- Detail-oriented and put compliance as priority.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good interpersonal and team skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail
Application Deadline 6th December, 2020.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter