World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Assistant, Data Analysis
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): two years
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- The objectives of the Human Resources Unit are to carry out in an efficient and timely manner, all human resources activities for the WHO Nigeria Budget Centre, including position classification, recruitment, contract administration, policy formulation and staff development and to provide advice on personnel matters to senior management in WCO Nigeria
Description of Duties
In close collaboration with the HR Officers in the WHO Country Office Nigeria, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Provide support for ongoing maintenance of HR data records, management and reporting;
- Pull data from different sources such as GSM, Stellis, ePMDS, HR trackers. Assist with data presentation, analysis and interpretation.
- Update records on staff list regularly to ensure accuracy of information Digitalize all HR records including recruitments
- Ensuring that performance evaluation reports for staff are concluded and medical clearances are received timely.
- Ensure correct mapping to grants (awards) and systematically ensure timely and accurate us of grants (awards) earmarked for salaries.
- Tracks and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to the relevant levels;Produce routine statistical reports for regular HR reporting and special statistical reports for data summaries to help management decision including HR monthly report to be submitted to Operations Officer and WR Staffing report;
- Assist with data collection, design and conduct survey as needed;
- Act as focal person for human resources KPIs;Monitor the gender balance and geographical distribution of the WCO Nigeria workforce including UNVs, SSAs, etc.
- Identify problems with data quality and communicate issues with relevant staff and supervisors;
- Facilitate the payment of Staff and non-staff members bills for statutory medical examinations
- Performs any other duties as may be required.
- Essential: Completion of Secondary School with Training / Diploma in Information Management, Accounting or Commerce, Computer Science, or Statistics
- Desirable: Studies or experience-based knowledge information collection, analysis and presentation.
- Essential: At least 8 years of relevant experience in data analysis and information system management. At least 3 years of relevant experience of human resources information management
- Desirable: Knowledge/experience of the UN Systems would bean asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR information and data management complemented by knowledge of basic statistics.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act with tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of online data collection applications would be an asset.
- Skills in the field of statistical data collection, analysis, monitoring and reporting.
- An understanding of database management, functionality and structure.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment, while implementing best practices.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment.
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 10,942,425 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10:59 PM: 21st July, 2022.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station