The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Business Partner
Job Type: Temporary Contract – one year
- The incumbent supports the design and delivery of the existing HR strategy, ensuring its alignment with the OPEC Fund objectives.
- S/he formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- This includes providing technical support and advice on processes and practices across HR areas including talent acquisition and recruitment, onboarding, benefits and entitlements, separations, transfers, the institution’s performance management system and other staffing issues such as retirements or grievances.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Head, Talent Acquisition and Business Partnerships across a range of Talent Acquisition & Business Partnerships initiatives and projects
- Contributes to the enhancement of staff engagement and performance by proposing innovative approaches
- Contributes to the strategic planning within the Talent Acquisition and Business Partnerships area as well as the work plan
- Prepares reports and actively contributes to HR taskforces and projects.
- Assists with monitoring the implementation of the annual recruitment plan
- Liaises with other departments to identify staffing needs and selection criteria
- Promotes the use of effective and innovative screening techniques to attract top talents
- Works closely with talent acquisition to monitor and ensure fairness in hiring practices
- Assists the Head, Talent Acquisition and Business Partnerships with managing talent programs of the OPEC Fund including Internships, the Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) and Para Professionals.
Performance Management System:
- Identifies opportunities to improve the organization’s Performance Management System
- Collects feedback from staff and management to report on systems flows and issues; proposes viable solutions to resolve them and streamline processes
- Ensures that the performance management cycle is on schedule by initiating the process, reminding staff and managers about deadlines, preparing resources
Stakeholder Management and Engagement:
- Liaises with other departments, builds and maintains effective relationships
- Engages and keeps harmonious partnerships with employees and managers across the organization
- Carries out any other related tasks assigned by the HR Director and Head, Talent Acquisition and Business Partnerships.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/ Human Resource Management or respective studies.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a relevant field.
- Preferably 2-3 years at a responsible level in a large organization, preferably international in nature.
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of German, French, Arabic, or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Good interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to create, develop and analyse policies in an efficient and timely manner. Must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to follow existing process with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Extensive knowledge in the usage of office technologies, such as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), intra/internet as well as on-line database management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply