NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR People Partner
Job Code: R0115995
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
- Proactively executes the Employee/Labour Relations Strategy
- Handles escalated issues within HR Central that cannot be resolved by HR Representatives to employees and manages overall HR support. This includes all matters under the support of HR that are not resolved in Tier I.
- Consults, participates and where appropriate leads specific business aligned projects as defined by the business or HR leadership.
- Ensures statutory / employment law and company policy compliance in Nigeria
- Supports the deployment of Corporate programs, e.g. Employee Engagement, Talent Management and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Drives engagement with the HR Central Contact Centre and identifies work processes to transition to HR Shared Services management.
- Retains awareness and applies knowledge of the local country/NCR environment
- Provides consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation / execution of HR programs.
- Partners with team members throughout the HR organization (Centers of Excellence and HRBPs) to communicate and educate on HR policies, procedures, and compliance. Acts as primary point of contact for COEs identifying areas/topics of improvements, program implementation / execution.
- Partners with managers and employees to drive the development and execution of employee performance improvement plans.
- Manages employee relations issues such as harassment, discrimination, or conflict in a manner that mitigates company risk and leads to successful resolution. Partners with local legal counsel, security and employee representative bodies/ unions (where appropriate). Conducts investigations/inquiries as necessary.
- Coordinates with HR Strategic Business Partners in the execution of the people strategy for company workforce initiatives such as reductions in force, divestitures, mergers and acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Management or some related field e.g. Employment Law.
- Minimum of 8 years experience working as an HR consultant in an operational role.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other departments to deliver successful outcomes to complex issues.
- Strong vendor relationship management skills.
- Focus on continuous improvement and business efficiencies.
- Experience working on various HR programs/projects.
- Excellent knowledge of English language is a must.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in Employee Relations, including grievance, disciplinary, dismissal etc.
- Working knowledge of employment laws compliance requirements in Nigeria
- Strong consultative skills.
- Strong communication, negotiation & conflict resolution skills.
- Professional HR designations.
- Change Management experience.
- Strong Negotiating Skills.
- Excellent Communicator.
- Previous experience working in challenging Employee/Labor Relations environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law.
- NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential.
- We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
- Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job