Fusion Facilities commenced operations in 2013 as a business focusing on integrated management services. The vision expanded in 2015 when the Directors decided to adopt a Group structure and focus on the following sectors which are critical to the attainment of man’s physiological and safety needs. Our business outlook currently covers Africa and Europe through our subsidiaries; Fusion Facilities Management Limited (PTY) in South Africa, Fusion Group Management Limited in UAE (Dubai) and Fusion Group Management Limited in UK. We focus on Real Estate, Hospitality and Tourism.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Support the development of OHS policies and procedures
- Advice and instruct on various safety related topics
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventive measures
- Participate in the development of site-specific project risk assessment and follow up with full implementation.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operation both on-site and off-site
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions using structured checklist.
- Support with the facilitation of documentation of safety processes/procedures.
- Support with the dissemination of key internal and external health and safety communications.
- Monitor the issuance of personal protective equipment to workers and ensure timely re-stock by notifying the HSE coordinator.
- Facilitation of tool-box meetings among departments and induction of new staff, transferred staff and visitors and document minutes of meetings
- Train and carry out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Ensure the issuance of PTW (Permit to work) to contractors and in-house high risk operations.
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHStraining of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issuesor non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes andhandle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Identify and report unsafe acts/procedure and condition processes that seem hazardous.
- HND / B.Sc Degree
- 2 – 3 years experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV to: [email protected] using “HSE Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only candidates that possess required competence and satisfactory criteria stated will be contacted.
Application Deadline 6th July, 2021.