SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE PTW / JRA Coordinator – M / F
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract type: Fixed-term-contract
Contractual Hours: Full time
Contract Duration: 6 months
Your activities will include:
- Develop the Onshore and Offshore PTW Strategy for Precommissioning and Commissioning activities
- Identify and prepare the JRAs for the Onshore and Offshore Pre-commissioning and Commissioning activities
- Create the PTWs on the SITE e-PTW system
- Liaise with the Onshore Contractor to develop the onshore JRA and PTWs
- Reporting to the Offshore Commissioning Site Leader on PTW/SIMOPS issues
- Assisting the AA and IA in PTW duties when requested
- Ensuring that conflicting permits are not issued; Maintaining the Permit Register
Recording any lessons learned during the operation of the PTW System in the Lessons Learned Register;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring the SIMOPs for offshore is not compromised by the issue of conflicting permits
Coaching and mentoring of junior staff
- Ensuring that PTW updates/changes are effectively communicated to all offshore personnel
- Ensuring that new staff are registered in the PTW register at the appropriate level
- Attend all PTW & SIMOPS meetings
- Carry out weekly audits of the PTW system
- Facilitate and participate in higher level PTW audits
- Supply accurate data and reports regarding PTW status to the offshore management team
- Report Company and Contractor none compliances immediately to prevent accidents.
- Being the focal point for administration and co-ordination of all permits , including those permits that are suspended, but where the work is not complete
- Providing a quality check on the completion of permits and certificates prior to issue ensuring all the necessary signatures have been obtained and informing the stakeholders of any potential conflicts
- Operating the Permit Office to reflect the current status of all permit work and isolations. This includes maintaining the permit isolation display board
Skills & Experience:
- A HSSE driven mindset
- Must be a self-starter
- Good communication skills are essential.
- Experience in offshore operations is essential.
- Exposure to onshore operations will be of an advantage. In addition, experience in working in remote field locations (e.g. desert, tropical, arctic environments) would be an advantage.
- Must be capable of working unsupervised and performing at a high level in a safety critical role.
- Extensive experience in processing plant operations in upstream/downstream Offshore Oil and Gas Industry with at least considerable direct experience undertaking a role as PTW/Simops supervisor or PTW signatory in a major oil and gas project or operation
- Fluent written and spoken English
Minimum level of experience required:
- HSE Level I, II and III Certifications
- NEBOSH (an advantage)
- e-PTW TOTAL System
- English (D-Full professional proficiency)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply