ELPER was incorporated as a company in July 1996 and since then has provided various services offshore and onshore to some of the leading International Oil companies present in Nigerian through their partnership with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
Headquarter is in Lagos and liaison offices are in Abuja and Port Harcourt. ELPER is certified to 1S0 9001:2008 Quality Management System. ELPER is certified to 1S0 9001:2008 Quality Management System and is in the process of upgrading its certification to the current ISO 9001:2015 standard.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSSE Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Contract
- Ensure that they are fully aware of the requirements and comply with all the HSE rules applicable to staying onboard.
- Drive behavioral change in Safety through observing and coaching.
- Enforce access control including individuals crossing in between vessels
- Implementation of our control framework and theTransport Manual Maritime Safety TMMS in the workplace.
- Engineers are expected to carry out regular Patrol on the vessels to ensure compliance of the crew with the 9 IOGP life- saving rules.
- Enforce the use of appropriate PPE.
- Ensure that there are no unapproved personnel onboard.
- University Degree in Engineering / Science or Environmental Health & Safety.
- HSSE Engineer must be a seasoned and experienced HSE professional with at least 5-years professional safety experience in oil and gas, hospitality, education, construction, energy or maritime transportation industry.
- Knowledge of the 9 IOGP Life Saving rules and a drive to support individuals, passengers and crew members on board marine vessels.
- Experience in behavioral safety and deployment / implementation of IOGP Life Saving Rules.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, safety culture change and implementation of the safety Management Systems SMSes.
- Must be a level-3 certificate holder in HSE-MS planning, implementation and auditing, and member of any local or international safety professional bodies or emergency response institutes such as NISP, NEBOSRH, OPITO Emergency Accredited Training Centers, Nigerian Red Cross Society, UK-Ambulance Brigade, RoSPA, UK-s HSE Examination Boards, OHSAS, bsi, ISM, IRCA, etc. Auditing certification such ISM, ISPS, MLC Internal/lead Auditor, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 Internal/Lead Auditor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Attention to details and ability to spot non-conformance and recommend actions for closure.
- S&E Engineers must have demonstrated HSE Intervention skills, use of the Engaging Differently tool as this is key in delivering effective required services.
- S&E Coach must be skilled in Engaging Differently, with the ability to influence behavior without administrative authority.
- Effective in liaison between our team, colleague and third-party vessel owners.
- Excellent monitoring and reporting implementation of controls and performance as well as highlighting trends.
- BOSIET and OSP Certificate are mandatory.
- Problem-solving, good analytical, and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and Networking skills.
- Excellent listener, respects and values for others, a person of integrity, and excellent at coaching and mentoring.
- Commitment to professional development and a learner’s mindset.
- The ability to meet set deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of statutory requirements, and information management.