National Power Training Institution of Nigeria (NAPTIN) Meter Installation and Management course for Technicians 2021
Course Duration: Two weeks
Course Participants: Meter Installation Technicians
Course Descriptions: Distribution companies require meter installers to handle their customer metering gaps, hence this course prepares technicians for this task. The course entails the knowledge of the different type of meters, installation procedures of single and three-phase Prepayment meters maintain standards and load demand Meter Installation Technicians
Course Objectives: In the end, of course, the trainees shall be able to:
- Identify different type of meters
- Estimate load demand of a building/premises and make the choice of the right meter
- Install both single and three-phase meters correctly
- Describe and differentiate different types of MD meters
- Explain about smart meters
- Basic electricity/ Structure of the electricity industry in Nigeria
- Introduction of some relevant electrical parameters.
- The importance of electricity metering
- The Electricity meters.
- Credit metering – electromechanical/electronic
- Prepayment metering – electronic
- Smart metering – electronic
- Voltage and current capacities of meters.
- Principles of operations of prepayment meters.
- Cables and conductors
- Load enumeration and assessment.
- Basic protective devices at power intake point.
- Installation standards.
- Safe work practices and personnel safety principles
- Installation materials and tools.
- Meter installation.
- Meter installation documentation
- Physical protection of meters
- Post-installation checks.
- Electrical measurement and calculation
- Tamper prevention
- Tamper detection and recording
- Energy conservation.
Course Methodology: Lecture presentations with p/point, Case study, Syndicate group work, practical and site visit.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
For Further inquiry, please send a mail to [email protected] or call the following number 08035883523