The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Human Resource / Administrative (Intern)
Requisition ID: req20385
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Intern
Open to Expatriates: No
Scope of Work
- Helping the HR/Admin department in the daily running of the department.
- Compiling Health Insurance and Life Insurance Documents from the field sites for further action
- Filing all the NHF documents to the respective files.
- Photocopying of all the approved payrolls and filing them according to the field sides.
- Filing and labelling of all files accordingly and placing in respective cabinets.
- Assist in imputing staff information in the payroll software.
- Maintain detailed records of employees and kept file up to date.
- Aid in inputting staff information into the payroll software
- Transferring all the ex-staff files to the ex-staff cabinet.
- Work with the HR/Admin officers to update files in real time.
- Tracking and filing all timesheets according to the field sides.
- Contract tracking and following up with appropriate Managers in Abuja for approvals.
- Scanning of approved documents for relevant documentation and classifying in respective soft/hard file.
- Assist in coordinating booking and tracking of travels and accommodation as well & documentation of payment documents.
- Support with payments and reconciliation of flights and accommodations.
- Assist with raising of PRS
- Assist with Office supplies procurement
- Assist in following up with immigration and related statutory agencies for staff working and traveling permits.
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Coordinate with the recruitment team in coordinating interviews conducted at the Abuja Office (When needed)
- Scanning of approved recruitment documents and emailing to recruitment team.
- Create, maintain, and update file for new staff
- Aid in posting vacancies on notice board when requested by the recruitment team
- B.Sc / B.A or HND in Public Administration, Humanities or Human Resource
- Completion of ONE-year compulsory service (NYSC)
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Fresh graduates with no experience at all except nysc
- Good computer skills (Excel and word).
- Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
- The security situation in Abuja is calm. There is active conflict in many parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated for Interview.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. However, consideration will be given to people residing in Abuja