Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client, a Multinational in the logistics industry is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Ref No: SHPAG3103
Location: Tin Can Island, Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- Our client is a Multinational in the logistics industry with experience dating back to 1947. They specialise in the operation of roll-on/roll-off vessels, car carriers and ferries. They are also a dedicated supplier of integrated logistics services based on maritime transport to the world’s major vehicle manufacturers.
- You are responsible for managing an effective and efficient HR function that delivers proactive and business-focused advice on issues concerning HR in the company.
- The role holder shall also oversee the implementation and maintenance of the HRIS database and perform day to day HR administration duties in compliance with internal policies, processes and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice.
Strategy Implementation and Execution:
- Ensure the formulation and effective implementation of HR strategies to identify, select, hire and retain the best talent to meet the company’s manpower needs and ensure optimal staffing levels at all times
- Ensure the design and implementation of need-based, cost-effective learning and development strategies to support the company’s business goals and improve the performance of the company
- Oversee articulation and implementation of the company’s succession and career management strategy
- Facilitate the development and implementation of remuneration and reward policies and practices that will ensure the company’s market competitiveness, employee satisfaction and well-being.
- Ensure the formulation and implementation of an effective performance management system that is objective, equitable, transparent and merit-driven
- Oversee the completion of key administrative HR processes (e.g., staff contracts, holidays, general work permit issues payroll, benefits, relocation management, terminations etc.) to ensure effectiveness and accuracy in implementation and execution
- Manage and oversee the company’s recruitment process for key management positions
- Ensure effective implementation of the human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning
- Oversee the recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplinary process for staff
- Provide direction for management and employee actions by conducting extensive research, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values
- Enforce compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on required action points
- Ensure company compliance with labour regulations.
- Provide advice on conflict management and lead specific HR projects in the company
- Provide counsel on HR perspectives and requirements related to all HR issues to managers and staff.
- Develop corporate strategies that help identify and research in-depth into human resources issues that impact the company
- Provide information, analysis, and recommendations to the company’s strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with the organizational objectives
- Keep abreast with industry trends by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations
- Ensure adequate efforts are channelled into planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, and productivity
- Develop human resource financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions, and minimizing the impact of variances
Administering Compensation and Benefit Plans:
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates.
- Supervise the maintenance of employee files and records in electronic and paper forms.
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying for new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities.
- Represent the company in all external Human Resources Forum.
- Ensure the insurance and security of personnel
Leadership/ People Management:
- Direct, manage, develop and supervise the HR and administration teams to achieve departmental goals and objectives
- Lead and manage the company’s Industrial Relations policies and practices to enable employee engagement, productivity and legal compliance
- Provide strategic advice to Executive Management on all HR related issues
- Lead and represent the company at union meeting including salary negotiations.
- Facilitate special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfilment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; and changing assumptions and direction
Key Performance Indicators
Strategic Development and Implementation:
- Develop and implement a new strategy.
- Number of successfully implemented initiatives/ strategies
- At least two training programs a year for all staff on a rotational basis including in-house
- Review and roll out of performance management system to all staff
- Develop and conduct an employee survey
- Review Staff policies and procedures in place and communicated to all staff
- Develop Staff productivity measures/tools
- Increase in employee engagement
- Increase in customer satisfaction
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management, Human Resource Management, Sociology, Business Administration or business-related discipline
- An MBA or relevant Master’s degree in any business-related discipline
- Relevant professional certifications such as Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM), Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), Society for Human Resource Management
- Minimum of 8 years post-graduation experience in Human Resources
- 4 years in top/senior management positions
- Experience in the shipping and logistics industry/sector would be added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of Local labor laws and regulations
- Knowledge of Global best practices in HRM
- Experience in using modern HR Software
- Training methods and evaluation
- Performance management tools
- Knowledge of Recruitment practices
- Compensation and benefit computation
- Payroll preparation and reporting
- Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of existing operations, laws and practices
- In-depth knowledge of HR Employee Engagement
- Personal development tools and methodologies
- Leadership and People Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Exceptional Communication skills (Written and Oral)
- Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- High sense of integrity and confidentiality
- Business Acumen
- Attention to detail
- Conflict Management/ Resolution
- Analytical and Problem-Solving skills
- Planning and Organization skills
- Judgement and Decision-Making skills
Competitive along with other benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th April, 2021.