Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 10 months
- The Human Resource Officer leads the effective and efficient management of Human Resource operations within the Humanitarian Response in the Nort East by ensuring high standards with a focus on recruitment, staff induction, staff welfare, information management (both hard and soft copy), performance management and Volunteer management.
- The role will be responsible for Volunteer management and documentation, training and re-training of volunteers on Christian Aid policies and processes.
- The role holder will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely information sharing on employee-related concerns, updating of staff information on electronic and physical files.
- The role holder plays a key role in the updating of human resource information on the HRIS (DayForce). The post holder will be responsible for providing support as may be required to line managers on performance management processes. The post holder will lead on refresher training on HR policies and procedures as required.
- The post holder will work with the respective Head of Operations on staff contract renewal and exit processes.
- The post holder will ensure that consultants’ information and data is maintained to organizational and statutory standards. He/she will ensure that complaints are resolved quickly liaising closely with the Head of Operations.
- The post holder will ensure that effective support is provided to the HR operations and other team members as may be required working closely with the Operations team members.
- You are required to have a degree in Administration, HR, Social Science or relevant field and must be a member of a professional institution (CIPM, CIPD etc).
- You are required to have at least two to three years of previous HR administrative experience, particularly in an NGO.
- You must be a good team player able to organise and prioritise workload.
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills and experience of working in a multi-cultural environment, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues at long distances.
- You must have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel.
- You are required to be knowledgeable in managing databases, producing reports and good with figures.
- You must be committed to the ethics and code of conduct of the HR profession and familiar with the Core Humanitarian Standards.
- You must understand data protection and the need for confidentiality. You must have strong written and oral communication skills; the ability to explain and visualize complex issues to expert and non-expert audiences; and excellent presentation skills.
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct.
- Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work / life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
Strive for Improvement:
- Describe a time when you made positive suggestions for a way forward despite being faced with challenges from others. What was the context? What was your idea? Why did others challenge it? Where did you fit in? What was your role? What action(s) did you take? Why? What was the result? Were you successful? If so, how did you know?
- Please give us an example of a time when you had to say no to another colleague or team because of other priorities while acknowledging their needs. What was the situation? What were the competing priorities? What was your task? What action(s) did you take? What was the effect of you saying no? What was the outcome(s)? What did you learn from the experience?
- Tell us about a time when you had to establish and maintain relationships with a wide range of contacts and networks based on mutual rapport and respect. What was the context? Why did you need to establish the new relationships and why was your attitude to this important? What was your task? What outcomes were being sought? What actions did you take? How did you take them
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th February, 2022.