Committed To Good (CTG) is an award-winning private sector company that enables humanitarian and development projects in conflict zones. As a people solutions business, we recruit, deploy and manage the right people with the right skills to implement projects in the world’s toughest regions.
Having worked in more than 25 fragile and conflict-affected countries, we pride ourselves on hiring 90% local employees, providing decent, dignified work and new opportunities in fragile communities. 90% of our turnover goes back into the local economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Operation Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Start Date: 01/01/2021
- CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud.
- We take a zero-tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
- In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peacebuilding, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
- Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values.
- We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all.
Overview of Position
- CTG supports & manages humanitarian & development projects in fragile & conflict-affected countries around the world.
- With past performance in the Middle East, Africa & Asia, we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation & support.
- Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly & to establish structured operations in high-risk environments.
- CTG recruit & manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
- CTG requires a dynamic experienced self-motivated HR Operations Officer who can support the Account Manager in managing current operations & the business development & client growth of our Nigeria business.
- The successful candidate will support the Account Manager in running the operations for CTG’s Nigeria office.
The incumbent should expect to travel to different regions of Nigeria, security allowing. There will on occasion be a requirement to travel to CTG’s HQ in Dubai. They will be responsible for managing all aspects of client services, including:
- Source, recruit & onboarding new project staff, ensuing that CTG’s objectives of achieving gender parity in its staff numbers are adhered to.
- Independently manage projects on behalf of our clients.
- Maintain HR records.
- Deal with daily consultant & client enquiries.
- Maintain CTG consultant databases & relevant documentation.
- Support payroll preparation.
- Ensure all staff operate in compliance with company policies & procedures.
- Liaise closely with the CTG Nigeria’s security & risk management team to ensure CTG’s high standard of duty of care is consistently applied.
- Support & suggest improvements to the entire recruitment process.
- Maintain recruitment procedures that comply with Nigerian labour law.
- Person should keep abreast of local labour law updates & providing advise to senior management team on any changes.
- S / He should safeguard company’s quality HR practice in country.
- S / He should administer staff statutory contributions including but not limited to pension contributions, NSITF, ITF etc.
- Timesheet collection, expenses reconciliations & any other HR operations related activities which may come up.
- The HR Operations Officer will report to the Account Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administrator or a relevant discipline is essential, Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a relevant discipline is desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years of demonstrable relevant HR or Project Management experience.
- Some experience & knowledge of M&E would be advantageous.
- Experience working with the UN or on other large donor-funded project & programs.
- Experience working for a global international organisation.
- Knowledge of humanitarian & international development protocols & practices.
- This position is only open to Nigerian nationals.
- Fluency in English & regionally spoken languages.
- Strong organisational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Project management experience.
- Client relationship experience.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Dedication, commitment & flexibility.
- HR communication skills.
- The HR Operations Officer may be required to supervise other field staff / associates from time to time.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role and preference is given for national candidates.
Deadline: 31st December, 2020.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter