Alkanes Petroleum & Gas Limited is an indigenous Petroleum Marketing Company with head office based in Lagos, Nigeria and operates in the downstream segment of the Oil & Gas Industry. We intermediate between Petroleum Refineries / Trading Companies and Petroleum Product Users in Sub – Saharan Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Reports to: Group Head, Human Resources and Administration
- Assist in identifying responsibilities to be performed and dividing them among staff in order to optimize efficiency and productivity at a relatively short period of time.
- Ensures that the training and development requirement of the staff are identified and arrange appropriate training programs in order to increase the effectiveness of the staff.
- Ensures that all HR processes and procedures/policies are effectively implemented.
- Arranges review and update of existing job descriptions in a periodical manner.
- Initiates setting of yearly Performance objectives, reviews and evaluation.
- Analyses staff issues and resolves or escalates resolution in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Assist in develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization.
- Provides report to support management decision through HR metrics and reports.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliances throughout human resource management.
- Assist in developing and implementing HR policies and updating HR Manual accordingly.
- Initiates recruitment & selection to fill vacant positions.
- Ensures employees total satisfaction through provision of high quality of service and maintains friendly relations to keep staff in their track.
- Monitors smooth and accurate functioning of payroll, annual increments, promotional process, staff alterations claims and benefits in accordance with terms and conditions of service and as per policies & procedures.
- Manages Government relations issues and Immigration requirements.
- Any other related duties as may be officially required of you.
Experience & Qualifications
- A Graduate Degree in Human Resources or Social Science courses.
- 7 – 10 years of proven professional experience, with a minimum of 3 – 4 years industry experience out of which 2 – 3 years should be as a Manager.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel management (CIPM).
- Age Limit: 38 years.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or other HR Executive
- People oriented and results driven
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 30th June, 2022.