Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Assistant
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- The position holder is responsible to coordinate and provide technical support for users; and to manage and administer local IT infrastructure and corporate systems under the direction of the IT Officer. In addition, the holder is responsible for quality implementation of ICT component of Education project
Dimensions of the Role
- ICT operational plans
- Security and access control for data and network devices
- Plan and manage Yobe technical services ensuring adherence to all corporate processes.
- Assist in performing hardware and software installation procedures
- Perform software configuration on stand-alone computers and laptops, tablets and learning devices
- Provide support in diagnosing hardware and software issues and troubleshooting activities
- Support with documenting all processes in reference manuals for training and guidance
- Assist in hardware and software inventory management
- Handle IT related documentation and make sure that all IT supplies are available
- Assist in gathering user requirements and developing appropriate reports for IT professionals
- Provide users with ongoing assistance in their information technology problems
- Provide support in setting up end-user training activities
- Handle periodic maintenance of hardware and software
- Troubleshoot equipment such as printers and scanners and other peripherals
- Take telephone calls from users and attempt to assist them with their information technology questions and problems
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University Degree in Computer Engineering / Science or related field
- Experience of Microsoft Server Administration
- Experience in managing and implementing information systems and supporting technologies
- Ability to interpret technical documentations/manuals
- Proven ability and experience in setting up LANs and telecommunications networks
- Experience in supporting LANs, Emails, Office 365, and email server administration
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th October, 2021.