The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT / SCOPE Analyst – SC3
Requisition ID: 145282
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: The contract is 12 months on a Service Contract level, with possibility of renewal.
- Under the supervision IT /SCOPE Officer, the SCOPE Data Analyst will support the delivery of efficient and effective IT and SCOPE services, contributing to sound, innovative solutions that enable staff to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy. The focus of activities will be to support beneficiary and transfer management – SCOPE.
- Main activities of the incumbent will include beneficiary registration, SCOPE cards management, SCOPE cards printing, re-printing, re-issuing, and other cash, e-Voucher, Nutrition and In-Kind related activities implemented through the SCOPE platform.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority)
- Support the activities of planning of beneficiary registration.
- Participate in the registration of targeted beneficiaries.
- Support in the configuration /setup up of SCOPE IT and SCOPE equipment and printing of SCOPE/FRC Cards.
- Identify, report and resolve retailer-beneficiary issues pertaining the use of SCOPE kits.
- Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues, providing advice and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
- Perform data entry and cleaning as may be required on beneficiary data for upload.
- Support all SCOPE processes relating to the scale-up of assistance in all approved Borno locations
- Carry out de-duplication tasks in SCOPE to retain single entries for all Borno beneficiaries.
- Provide reports and feedbacks on beneficiary management including identified gaps, challenges, and needs in the areas of registration, cards printing and management, and retailer support.
- Support and maintain WFP CBT assets including kits loaned to WFP contracted retailers, computers, mobile phones, POS terminals, etc.
- Other as required.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Required For The Job
- Minimum of Secondary School Education with additional years of related work experience or trainings. A University or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Data Science will be an added advantage.
- Beneficiary data management skills, and deployment of IT/SCOPE systems that are aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards. Also, able to install and configure new computer hardware /software for improved systems performance.
Other Skills Required for this Postion are;
- Good data analytical skills
- Proficient in use of spreadsheet applications like MS Excel
- Good knowledge of computer application setup
- Good reporting, and documentation skills
- Fluency in English language. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is also desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian Nationals and or candidates who have valid Nigerian residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited.
- Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Application Deadline Friday, 20th August, 2021.