Resource Centre for Human Rights & Civic Education (CHRICED) is a registered non-profit, non-partisan, and non-governmental organization with a mission to promote democracy, accountability, and inclusive political culture in Nigeria. For core programming, CHRICED uses action civics, research, and outreach to mobilize vulnerable and marginalized segments of the population, including the youth, women and people with disabilities (PWDs), to implement innovative grassroots-focused programs aimed at energizing community action to resist injustice, curb corruption and foster accountability.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT / Social Media Assistant
- As part of our strategic restructuring and expansion, we are seeking a ICT and Social Media Assistant in our Media & Communications Department.
- The ICT/Social Media Assistant will be responsible for administering our website and all ICT-related duties, as well as coming up with campaign ideas, writing social media posts, and doing analytics.
- To be successful in this position, you must have strong time management skills and be keen to stay current of conversations around human rights and accountable governance, as well as industry innovations required to achieve results in the civic space.
- Regularly update and redesign CHRICED Website
- Support program team in designing and implementing ICT-related activities.
- Assist the program team in developing ICT-driven programs and integrating ICT into projects.
- Map ICT demands, and advice on the purchase of ICT equipment, software, and accessories.
- Create campaign ideas and interact online with a variety of audiences.
- Create social media posts.
- Measure the effectiveness of advocacy campaigns using analytical tools.
- Examine new tools and advances in the industry.
- Add relevant keywords to posts to improve search engine optimization.
- Create campaign-related reports using analytics.
- Assist in negotiating affordable ICT solutions with user groups and vendors.
- Support the logistic officer with operational planning, and coordinate information backup and security.
- Keep track of ICT assets and oversee asset verification.
- Stay up to date on new technological developments and how they might affect CHRICED’s organizational objective, mission, and vision.
- A Degree in Communication, Marketing, or Social Media or any relevant field.
- Impeccable web management and design skills
- Eagerness to learn about new innovations and software.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Prior experience in marketing or social media.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters detailing why they are best suited for the role and their Curriculum Vitae to Programs & Communications Manager via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 9th July, 2022.
- Gender and Social Inclusion are cardinal considerations in CHRICED recruitment policy.
- Qualified women, youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply