The Global Internship Program (GIP) offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of IFC and the broader World Bank Group and become part of the largest private sector development institution in the world. The program encourages individuals to bring new perspectives and innovative ideas to IFC’s work, while improving skills in a diverse and highly stimulating environment. Moreover, the Global Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to exchange ideas and network with international professionals dedicated to ending extreme poverty and boosting prosperity in the developing world.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a Masters’ degree level program, with at least three years of relevant professional experience. Candidates must have their expected graduation date after December 1st 2022 in order to be eligible.
- IFC hires Global Interns for a minimum period of four weeks between May and September to work on discrete projects in Washington, D.C. or in one of IFC’s country or regional offices. Many of the posted opportunities are also open for virtual participation.
- Operational assignments cover various areas of work, such as participation in sector-specific market mapping, investment proposal reviews, financial modeling and analysis, portfolio management, upstream work and advisory services activities. Other assignments can cover a range of activities in corporate and support departments.
- Global Interns also get access to corporate orientation, skills training, and regular learning events/activities for the GIP cohort.
- Following a thorough evaluation process at the conclusion of the internship, successful GIP interns are encouraged to apply to the WBG Young Professionals Program should they meet such application requirements, or to any other full-time opportunity available after graduation.
Interested candidates are expected to submit their CV and Cover Letter stating their motivation to apply and how their skills and expertise relate to the Internship requirements.
Please refrain from applying to more than three available internship opportunities listed, otherwise your candidacy may be disqualified and rescinded.
Selected candidates will be contacted directly by departments for interviews between Monday, March 21st to Friday, April 29th.
Selected interns will be offered a competitive salary and limited medical insurance coverage for the duration of the internship.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: March 7th, 2022
Abia State, Abuja, Adamawa State, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra State, Bauchi State, Bayelsa State, Benue State, Borno State, Cross River State, Delta State, Ebonyi State, Edo State, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa State, Kaduna State, Kano State, Katsina State, Kebbi State, Kogi State, Kwara State, Lagos State, Nasarawa State, Niger State, Ogun State, Ondo State, Osun State, Oyo State, Plateau State, Rivers State, Sokoto State, Taraba State, Yobe State, Zamfara State