Promethean Consulting Limited is a firm focused on providing enterprise class solutions and support to small and medium size organizations. We began business as Digital works Nigeria in 2009 and have since grown to become a company highly dedicated to delivering the highest quality service and solutions to our customers.
We recognize the crucial role of Information technology in the growth of small and medium size business, therefore our resources are channelled to making sure our clients are provided with up to date IT solutions and support for those solutions or similar to ensure clients growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology Support Officer
Location: Benin City, Edo, Nigeria
- Set up/Support of the following: Email Systems (Exchange), Windows Server Systems, VM Ware, Hyper V, Active Directory Account Administration, Telephony.
- Basic understanding of network services, DHCP, DNS, Proxy, NAT, etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of Cisco routers/switches and Cisco/Fortigate/Sophos Firewalls.
- Relevant hands-on experience with the following technology or equivalent: Cisco switches, routers, VPN, VOIP, and wireless access.
- Previous experience working in a Cyber/Network Security role (knowledge of Sophos, Baracuda is an added advantage).
- Maintain network equipment, servers, and users’ hardware and software.
- Perform routine manual/automatic backups and archival of files stored on the network to assist with disaster recovery (Knowledge of Acronis, Veeam is an added advantage).
- Monitoring enterprise networks and systems (servers and workstations) to identify how performance can be improved (knowledge of Manage engine Op manager is an added advantage).
- Possession of CCNA/CCNP certification; MCSA, MCP an added advantage
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects effectively; deal with changing priorities, and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new toolsets, technology, and concepts.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to present information and ideas clearly and succinctly and to explain various application software and hardware to end-users.
- Perform/support enterprise storage solutions including replication.
- Hands-on experience in Enterprise wireless network implementation.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of IT security skills in Encryption, Endpoint protection, Email protection.
- Knowledge of and experience with: Information systems security, Unix/Linux, Windows AD, LANS/WANS; OSI Layer & Network protocols.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of issues relating to business applications.
- Provide technical support to business users both remotely and face to face.
- Troubleshooting IT equipment – printers, scanners, etc
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Assist with data recovery, using tape backup or recovery tools (e.g active boot)
- Assist in software testing of new releases, proactively escalating issues.
- Monitoring of applications (knowledge of Manage engine Application manager is an added advantage)
- Assist in the design of new infrastructure to support changing business needs.
- Assist in the management of IT Assets.
- Education: Minimum of 2nd class lower in First Degree
- Work Experience: Minimum experience of 2 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using IT Support and location as the subject of the email. For example, “IT Support – Benin”.