The People Practice – Our client is a financial ecosystem providing seamless solutions to Nigeria’s retailers, SMEs and individuals.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intermediate Software Engineer (Backend)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client is looking to hire an Intermediate Software Engineer who is skilled at writing applications and has an understanding of application lifecycles, databases and services.
- As a Junior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for using your knowledge of technology to drive the company’s ability to deliver value and results to our internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Design, UX, and Product Manager to ensure an optimal and consistent user experience.
- Defines and sets a project’s roadmap to include planning for integration of new technology, ownership of code libraries, and backlog of technical tasks
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Supports the Technology team with developing a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment
- Communicates with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Serves as an ambassador for development and a champion of quality standards while spreading a passion for current technology and new trends
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Participates as an active team member of daily standups and other agile-focused efforts, including joining sprint planning meetings and estimating work effort on tasks assigned to the entire team
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by the management from time to time.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Software Engineer
- Proven ability to problem-solve and de-bug
- Has a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English; verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Competency working/deploying projects with a source control tool; GIT preferred.
- Expert level understanding of at least one the following back end languages: Java; PHP/Laravel
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud hosting platform
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th July, 2022.