International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Analyst
Job ID: 30006429
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated and enthusiastic person that is constantly looking to solve complex problems and improve underlying business processes.
- The candidate should be a change agent, who has the ability to see the big picture and achieve the most efficient outcome for the business.
Key Purpose of the Role
- The Internal Controls Analyst is overall accountable for establishing and maintaining a strong control environment within the Africa Zone.
- This will be achieved by understanding and testing internal controls, providing recommendations on improvements, ensuring that the processes and systems governing internal controls are robust enough for risk identification and mitigation.
Key Outputs and Responsibilities
Agile Ways of Working:
- As a squad team member, the analyst forms part of the agile ways of working and delivering as a collective team.
- Requires ownership of work on the sprint backlog, pushing the boundaries for excellent delivery and focus on root cause problem solving.
- Identify design adequacy and control effectiveness gaps within the processes that create risk exposure and identify improvement opportunities to mitigate the risk;
- Identify the root cause for each of the control deficiencies identified and quantify the impact of the deficiency on the process and/or the business;
- Define sustainable recommendations for action plans that address the root causes identified.
- Update, implement and maintain the Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) framework with local and global changes to risks, controls, control owners and any other required details;
- Map and document the detailed end to end process walkthrough (including RACI, SLA’s and document retention requirements) within the internal control SOP;
- Document/update internal control SOPs with any changes to the business processes, MICS framework and/or Africa Zone Methodology;
- Draft and complete quality working papers according to the Africa Zone Methodology;
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelors Degree / Honours (Finance / Audit preferred) or equivalent is a requirement
- More than 3 years business control, internal control or audit experience Professional Qualification, i.e. CA(SA), CIA or equivalent will be beneficial
- Understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance and internal controls, with specific knowledge of the Africa corporate governance environment. Exposure to Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) sector preferred in the areas of manufacturing, distribution and finance would be advantageous.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Sarbanes Oxley experience will be beneficial.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of the utilization of Microsoft Office.
- Good understanding of control design and audit testing principles.
- Experience in the use and evaluation of data analytics would be advantageous.
- Understanding of the Agile Ways of Working.
- Understanding and experience of the nature and management of multi-national business operation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works effectively in a team environment and creates an environment which motivates the team.
- Regular interaction with all functions across the business.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
- We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional / relevant information as criteria for short-listing
Application Deadline 22nd March, 2022.