The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Affairs Adviser 1 (Multilateral Liaison Field Officer)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Type: Full Time
Duties & Responsibilities
- To develop and implement strategies and plans of action for the ICRC’s engagement with ECOWAS;
- To reinforce the ICRC’s network of interlocutors within ECOWAS and within international organizations working with ECOWAS;
- To promote international humanitarian law and thematic issues of concern to the ICRC with the ECOWAS and with international organisations working with ECOWAS;
- To conduct analyses of the general multilateral environment in Nigeria and West Africa;
- To identify, participate in and/or organise relevant events (e.g. conferences, workshops, meetings) on multilateral issues of concern to the ICRC and represent the ICRC when required;
- To facilitate regular exchange of information between the Delegation in Abuja and other Delegations in ECOWAS Member States/the ICRC’s Delegation to the African Union (AU) as well as with ICRC HQ in Geneva.
- To organise events with key Commissions and Directorates of the ECOWAS and the diplomatic community;
- To collect and analyse relevant information in order to identify emerging actors and issues within ECOWAS, so as to enable, if required, an adequate positioning of the ICRC;
- Candidates should posses 3 – 4 years experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and contact details of three referees to: [email protected] Clearly indicate “ABJ202000150 Humanitarian Affairs Adviser 1 ABJ” as the subject of your application *(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
Note: In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
Application Deadline 5th October, 2020.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter