Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is an international investment and holding company with over three decades in building sustainable businesses in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, real estate and oil and gas in 12 countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Morocco, UAE, India, South Africa, China etc. with an over 9,000 multicultural workforce.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory Accountant
Location: (Office Based/Field Based): Office
Travel: (0% – 20%): 0%- 30%
Employment Type: Permanent
Reports To: Site Controller
Job Grade (Band 1-6): 2
Internally Relates with: Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain & Treasury
Externally Relates with: Vendors
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Daily reconciliation of inventory (Raw, Packaging & Finished goods) and ensuring inventory related controls are working.
- Processing of vendor payment through preparation of bank payment vouches with checklist (POs, GRN, and invoice) ensure approvals and forward approved vouchers to the treasury unit
- Match suppliers’ invoice to purchase orders prior to processing to ensure consistency and identify errors/discrepancies/irregularities.
- Providing explanation to both internal and external auditors on payable related queries.
- Ensuring that daily inventory reports are prepared and signed off with relevant stake-holders.
- Ensure finance controls are in place and are being complied with at the factory, warehouse etc.
- Review of suppliers’ invoices and supporting documents against invoice processing checklist in order to establish completeness and validity of details.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Site Controller
Education / Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Requirements
- Minimum of HND / BSc in Finance / Accounting or related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in similar role from any FMCG environment.
- Relevant professional qualification (ACA/ACCA) is required.
- Good knowledge of IFRS, Receivables Management.
- Good data gathering, analysis, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th February, 2022.