Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IPC Nurse
Contract: Fixed Term Contract during Malaria Peak / 208 working hours per month with roster flexibility
- Promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment.
- Ensure daily availability of water, soap in all HWP.
- Ensure that all staff who work in this area know the procedures and protocol and respect all procedures and standards in term of IPC.
- Ensure the disinfection of all bed and mattress by the cleanersbetween two patients.
- Ensure the availability of hydro alcoholic and sufanios before each ward round of the doctor.
- Ensure that all admitted patients receive the admission kit.
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under the supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures.
- Ensure rigor hygiene in the caretaker area
- Ensure that all the cleaners in duty prepare surfanios before started their duty
- Ensure that all wards are cleaned before ward round and cleaner stay available close to his dedicated ward.
- Ensure that all the procedures are knew and respected by all staff.
- Ensure asepsis before and during all procedures
- Essential: recognized Nurse Degree / Diploma
- Desirable Bachelor’s in Science of Nursing
- Desirable: 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting.
- Essential fluent in English / Hausa.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation
Application Deadline 6th June, 2022.