The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Assistant
Requisition ID: req19678
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Fixed-Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- The IT Department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure of the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations. An integral component of this effort is ensuring that Country Programs have the capacity to implement and support these IT initiatives effectively across the country offices and in the field sites.
- Reporting to the IT Officer the IT Assistant will support the IT Officer in providing desktop support services to end-users, ensure all printers and photocopiers and in good working condition and monitor the office Network infrastructure. This also includes computers and end users’ applications installations, mobile devices configurations, installation and configuration of network printers and other computers peripherals and all aspects of local domain Active Directory management.
- A key aspect of this role is working closely with the IT Officer and Country IT Team to ensure all technology implementations are met.
- Position Holder will be based in Mubi while supporting our Yola Office.
- The IT Assistant will be primarily responsible for providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops, laptops, and printers. Through our ticketing system, by direct contact and the telephone.
- They will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
- Hardware Inventory – This position will work our Global Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software
- Preventative Maintenance – Technician will also be responsible for checking on critical systems to ensure there are no interruptions in business continuity and take part in the monthly maintenance “blackout windows”
- Various Projects – Position will need to assist on various IT projects as needed.
- Level I Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to assistance with password resets, account creations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to anti-virus assistance, Windows 10 support, Microsoft Office 365 support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting.
- Enterprise Ticket Management – Work inside our enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent customer support of all requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering / Science and or equivalent
Technical Skills & Experience:
- At least 1 – 2 years of relevant experience in IT,
- Experience working with the following software: Windows 10 Professional, MS Office 365, Sophos Anti-Virus, Routers, LAN, WAN, VSAT
- Good technical writing/documentation skills
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem-solving.
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work harmoniously with other staff members in cross-cultural contexts.
- Customer & client-centred and service-oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work under pressure and diligently carry out instructions.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Good verbal communication and report-writing skills with the ability to convey information effectively in the Country official language – English would be nice to have as an additional working language.
- Excellent English and other major Country languages communication skills including speaking, listening, and writing. Knowledge of Hausa will be an added advantage.
Certificates or Licenses:
- ITIL or similar certifications preferred.
Key working relationships
- Position reports to: IT Officer
- Position directly supervises: no staff.
- Indirectly Reports to: IT Manager
- Other internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Nill
- External: Vendors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct.
- These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation