Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) is an indigenous company established to provide a unique range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry. We venture into this industry with the objective of building on existing limited in- country capacity. In view of the enormous opportunities which abound in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the new findings in other African countries, there is need for more indigenous players to fill the yawning gap by providing competitiveness and quality service delivery to the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Division/Department: IT Department
Reports to: General Manager
Interfaces with: Internal Staff – Everyone, External: IT Vendors, Clients etc
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Take staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replace parts as required.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short- and long-range IT planning, with an emphasis on advocating for the needs of the area(s) supported; implements tracking and evaluation programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time.
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment and/or systems.
- Review vendor contracts and participates in IT purchases (hardware, software and services) to ensure effective deployment of solutions aligned with user needs.
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Prepare and send weekly reports to the IT Coordinator on work status of the IT Department.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Mean Time to Detect
- Mean Time to Repair
- Number of breakdowns of IT Infrastructure.
- Internet/Technology Downtime and Mean Time To Recover (MTTR)
- Number of Internal/External Customer Support requests.
- Percentage increase over time of desktops/laptops in which external storage backup device and sensitive data scanning tool has been deployed
- IT ROI
- IT Cost Breakdown
- Web Server Availability
- IT Network Availability.
- Internal/External Customer Satisfaction Level.
Education and/or Work Experience/Skills Requirements:
- BSc / HND in Information Technology or Computer Science or any relevant field is desirable.
- Should be a currently serving NYSC Corps member.
- Have a technical logical thought process.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to provide strategic guidance and counsel in all aspect of IT systems.
- The ability to think logically
- A good memory of how software and operating systems work
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with staff and clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution.
- The ability to work well in a team
- The ability to prioritize your workload.
- Should have some appreciable knowledge of HSE andbe ready to take up HSE responsibilities as well.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Should have a strong customer focus
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in Information Technology.
- Strong technical expertise in Information Technology.
- An ability to withstand pressure and stick to strict deadlines.
- A keen eye and attention to details
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates NYSC Corps members should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will contacted
Application Deadline 18th July, 2022.